“Great local attraction”

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great local attraction”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is not a fancy big-city zoo... that being said, for a small, local attraction, it is worth a visit. My 5 year old daughter has been here once or twice a year and always enjoys it. It's dusty (or muddy depending on the weather) and doesn't have bathrooms and/or concessions every 10 feet, but overall it's a great place to see animals we don't usually get to see. The staff has always been friendly and laid back and there are a surprising number of animals on display. It's much bigger than it looks in my opinion.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Michiwander

Caro, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“ANIMALS!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Our kids have been on field trips here as well as family trips. The only bad experience i had was when i walked by the lion cage during feeding time. yikes! lol

Bay City, Michigan
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“RUN DOWN”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We have gone there in the past and it was really a nice zoo...NOW it just seems run down and neglected....There is a lot of room for animals , but the ones they have are in small pens and are looking sad...Cant with a straight face say to go there...

Visited July 2012
5 Thank BJ K
Flint, Michigan
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Dirty”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The poor animals at this facility have some very small and dirty pens. The poor bear and tigers especially have very little room. Both of my kids took a school field trip here and the workers held a demonstration on feeding the monkeys. I was shocked at what they Monkeys were given, chips cookies candy all sorts of junk food. WHAT!!!! Shouldn't they be given fruit or vegetables!!! I was very unimpressed and couldn't believe that. The path for the zoo is a dirt trail that gets very very muddy if it has been raining. The bathroom facilities are very small and not very nice. When our school was there on a field trip there were at least two other schools there also and it was extremely crowded especially at the very tiny play place. The zoo is not very large and it was not really big enough to accomodate that many people. Our school had taken about 8 classes, we had three busses full and it was too much with all the other schools that were their also. I felt bad for the people that just showed up hoping for a nice day at the zoo. Personally I have no desire to go back, I've found that Potter's Park Zoo in Lansing is a much nicer cleaner less crowded experience.

Visited May 2012
8 Thank Amanda S
Vienna Twp
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun to go to with kids”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

A pricey deal for a family of 8, and no help for larger groups. So, I would say enjoyable for sure, but a bit costly.

Visited June 2012