“priced ok” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Big Rapids

and 1 more site!
Super 8 Big Rapids
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Big Rapids

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Royal Oak
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed there this past weekend with my daughters, my son plays hockey at Ferris State, so I come up often the last 4yrs. From day one there was problems, Service desk, no one to be found many times, he was outside smoking, calling phone as directions say, no one answers, I had to walk down hallway to find someone and then theres the early morning wake up call of the housekeeper banging on doors and yelling housekeeping starting at 10am from desk I was all the way down the hallway by door, check out is at 11am. Then theres the pool totally gross, my girls went into the pool and the scum in the pool and along the sides of pool as well as the smell was aweful. They got out went to hot (cold)tub, the water was very cold. When brought up the housekeeping screaming all the way down hallway and banging on doors, the manager Mr.Patel he told me that they had to get rooms ready for the next people that come in at 1pm. I told him that I paid till 11am and should not have been woke up to screaming and banging. If I wanted to sleep to 10:30am that is my decision not their's to wake me and my children at 10am because they have to clean rooms. Mr. Patel (owner) is very rude and dosen't care about customer service, he's just worried about the next paying customer since his business"is doing bad'" this is what he said to me. I will never stay there again and recommend no one else to stay. It is not a very clean hotel and the employees are very rude and inconsiderate. Management condones this as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Mehul P, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Big Rapids, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
We sincerely apologize if you have been put through such an upsetting experience during the time that you chose to stay with us. We are deeply troubled to hear that you’ve had an unpleasant encounter with the staff. It has always been our aim to serve you well, and for that we apologize if we clearly failed to do so. There will be an escalation of this issue, and you can be assured that we will further discuss this very important matter in order to prevent this in the future. We hope that we may be able to serve you again, and give you a far better experience next time.
LANSING
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

This place was terrible. Stay anywhere but here. I will never go back. The beds are terrible, drains were both plugged, frig froze my food, mold in the bathroom, furniture had not been dusted or moved, carpets dirty, and on, and on, and on...... breakfast wasn't that good either.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

We would like to extend our gratitude for helping us in better serving you more by giving us your feedback about our hotel services in total. We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences incurred during your stay with us. The feedback regarding the room cleanliness and the served breakfast will seriously be put in meticulous assessment and evaluation, so as to prevent such instances to ever occur again. We value your assessment for the points you raised will aid us in pin pointing which areas we need to give more attention to. We hope to give you a far better experience the next time you choose to stay with us.

Travelers are raving about these Big Rapids hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

When the price is low it means "cheap". After waiting almost 15 minutes at the front desk for someone to show up we went to our room. My husband want to rake a shower. After opening the door he discovered two dirty towels hanging on the wall. Upon opening the shower curtain he found hair all over the tub. I went to the front desk and requested a new room and told them why. After getting the new room we discovered that the frig not only didn't work but someone had left popsicles in there that melted and grew mold all over the inside of the freezer. Gross!! Will never stay here again. We certainly got what we paid for.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for giving us a chance to improve and excel in the delivery of our services by bringing your concerns to our attention. We sincerely appreciate the time you took to write us a feedback, and we thank you for sharing to us your experience while staying with us. We wish to let you know that your voice has been heard and we will definitely correct the issue that you raised with regards to the room cleanliness and sanitation in total. We continually seek to give our guests the best service there is to offer. We sincerely hope that we may be able to provide you a far better experience should you wish to stay with us again next time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Big Rapids
#2 of 4 in Baldwin
Two Hats Ranch
Two Hats Ranch
#1 of 1 in Big Rapids

Been to Super 8 Big Rapids? Share your experiences!