“Had every reason to find problems but they took care of it”

Holiday Inn Big Rapids
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Big Rapids
GreenLeadersBronze level
Grand Rapids MIchigan
“Had every reason to find problems but they took care of it”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

They were in the middle of a remodel. So if I were the type to complain about the issues related to it I could however they were so good about calling the room to verify that I had everything I needed. Who does that these days, good job Holiday Inn it shows you really do care about your customers.
When walking passed the front desk we were asked about our stay again they could have easily not asked or cared. It shows that you do care.
To me I can look passed many issues (related to a remodel) with great customer service, thanks for making my visit pleasant.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Eric V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Big Rapids, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Greetings OTBS32,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It is great to hear that our staffs dedication to guest satisfaction was noticeable. We are close to the end of our remodel and hope that you will stay with us again after the project is completed to enjoy all the refreshed items. We will share your comments with our staff so they can understand their dedication is being noticed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I was a guest speaker for the Annual Big Rapids Festival of the Arts in February, and they had me stay 5 nights at the Holiday Inn, mostly because it it one of the few hotels in town that has a restaurant in the facility.

Being a Tripadvisor user, I was a tad hesitant after reading some of the older reviews here, but I was most pleasantly surprised. I was upgraded to a 4th floor larger room, it was all new, very quiet, the hotel staff was consistently courteous, professional, and helpful, from desk staff to housekeeping. A staffer in the Banquet Office was kind enough to help me with some printing and mailing tasks, even though it was not her job to do that! Very impressive.

It was quiet, too-- I have stayed in many hotels where the mechanical "door closers" slammed the doors down the hall early in the morning, but this was blissfully quiet technology, a major plus for me as I sleep odd hours. It was all spotlessly clean, including the pool area. The free coffee in the lobby is a nice touch, and the free wifi internet worked great.

Where it really matters in terms of comfort and convenience and courtesy and quiet and cleanliness it was an excellent hotel stay, and I travel a LOT. Kudos to the management team for making this all happen on so many levels. -- jl

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Justin_Locke
Eric V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Big Rapids, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Greetings Justin_Locke,

We thank you for such a wonderful review. We hope that you will return to us again next year during the Arts festival so that you can see our finished project inside and out. It is great to hear that the staff was able to meet your needs at provide you such excellent service.
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed February 19, 2014

In town for a hockey tournament. The staff treated us all very well. The rooms are clean and comfortable. A large lobby with coffee and tea. Another large lobby in front of the restaurant, made it nice for the team to hang out between games. We were never made uncomfortable for being a hockey team as we have been at other hotels. I would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Eric V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Big Rapids, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
kimbill97,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are glad to hear you were able to take advantage of our public spaces for your teams needs and that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We look forward to hosting your team again in the future!
Big Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I am on a long term work assignment and have stayed here at HI Big Rapids for over a month. What a wonderful place. The staff makes me feel at home and go out of their way to make sure everything is perfect. From the time I walk through the front door until I go to the restaurant for dinner, I am met with smiling faces and courteous staff. My room is always well cared for, is up to date (recently remodeled), and the cleaning staff outstanding. The pool is well cared for and clean. I like the laundry room as I don't have to drive to do my laundry. I travel a lot around the country for the last 35 years and Holiday Inn Big Rapids is among my favorite. I look forward to the next few months I will be staying here.

Room Tip: Enjoy your stay!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Eric V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Big Rapids, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Randy R,

Thank you for the kind words about your recent stay with us. We are excited to hear that our room renovations have been a success. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Big Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I am traveling through for work and I’m not one to write reviews but this place needs a great review!!
• The rooms are all newly remodeled up to date and CLEAN!!
• The pool is a big indoor pool with a hot tub also very CLEAN!!
• The restaurant/bar has a good selection of beer and food.
• The staff is very helpful.
Next time I travel trough Big Rapids I will be staying here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank THD40
Eric V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Big Rapids, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear THD40,

Thank you very much for the great review. Our renovations are continuing, but it is wonderful to read that the improvements are being noticed. We look forward to hosting you again very soon.
White Cloud, Michigan
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

You walk in there's a nice large lobby to sit and relax when waiting for friends to meet you. The staff is very friendly and helpful when checking in. There's a large pool and hot tub right by the elevator . The rooms are nice size unless you get a corner room. The beds were very comfy and has a desk, chair, all new tvs,new bathrooms the king room has a couch., no stains on sheets. Back down stairs they have a bar restaurant very elegant chairs and good food and when you walk by the floor behind the bar look down and admire the marble my son poured it and spent over 24 hours working on it very high class!!! So next time you are in big rapids stay at the hotel after a hockey game or college football game!! You won't regret it!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank wendy f
Eric V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Big Rapids, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Greetings Wendy F,
Thank you for the great review. We are pleased you had such a wonderful experience, and we hope to see you again soon!
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed there while attending an FSU hockey game on campus. The hotel is clean, the staff friendly, and the rooms fairly quiet--surprisingly so given the was a kid's hockey tournament also in town that had a bunch of 10 year-olds staying in the rooms surrounding us.

Initially our room was not ready (at 4pm) as the visiting college hockey had only just checked out. The front desk clerk immediately explained the situation to me, apologized, and offered me a discount on the room for the inconvenience. That was quite nice.

We also had a beer, post-game at the sports-themed restaurant on premises. Surprisingly they also a had a decent array of non-mega beers on tap, too.

Would definitely stay here during our next trip to see a game.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms near the elevator...that's where the vending and ice machines are located, wh...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Eric V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Big Rapids, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Greetings MongoSchwartz,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your understanding and patience with regards to your room not being available at the posted check in time. It is great to hear you had a chance to enjoy our Sporting News Grill during your visit and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Big Rapids
#4 of 4 in Big Rapids
Two Hats Ranch
Two Hats Ranch
#1 of 1 in Big Rapids

Been to Holiday Inn Big Rapids? Share your experiences!