“Friendly Staff - Tired Facilities”

Holiday Inn Big Rapids
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Big Rapids
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pontiac, Michigan
“Friendly Staff - Tired Facilities”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Room and location were good, and staff was friendly and helpful, but facility seemed tired, especiallly the lobby. Could use lobby refresh and 24 hour coffee station along with a free continental breakfast. Do not seem to get the quality I would expect for the price. The on-site restaurant is no longer part of the Benigans chain

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Big Rapids, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Evony M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are pleased you found our staff to be friendly and the room to be good. We always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This has to be the only Holiday Inn left that doesn't at least serve coffee, let alone breakfast in the lobby. The attached restaurant wasn't open for breakfast yet when we left. For over $100 I'd say that's a ripoff, but staying there was out of my control since it was prearranged by our team manager. The in-room coffee pot had old water in the reservoir and a milky film on inside of the bottom of the pot. I had a tight time schedule in the AM so I didn't bother to try to get a replacement.

The front desk was super nice, and the bed was probably the best night sleep I ever got in a hotel, which are the only reasons I didn't give this less stars.

• Stayed December 2012
Grass Lake, Michigan
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This hotel is sadly in need of major renovations. It is very old and outdated. Housekeeping is not doing their job and that is making it even worse. The jacuzzi had black mold in and around all the jets. The table next to my bed had sticky stuff on it with hair stuck to it, gross!! Both my husband and I had an issue with our eyes in this room. It looked like we had severe pink eye. I even made a Dr appt. but a couple hours after we left my eyes cleared up. It smells musty so I am guessing this hotel may have mold issues. It does not look welcoming on the outside at all and we never saw an HI sign from the road. The rooms are way overpriced for the condition this hotel is in. Everything in it is very cheap. This hotel is giving HI a bad name. My husband always says that my idea of camping is staying at a Holiday Inn. Well camping would be better. Go stay somewhere else. This place needs to be shut down.

• Stayed November 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Big Rapids, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear onumom,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking the time to write your feedback. It is good to know that you found our location convenient for your needs. I want to assure you that we work very hard to ensure our facilities are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day, especially with the room accommodations that you received. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Once again, thank you for your review.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Big Rapids hotels

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was here for a conference (nice conference facilities) but appeciated the nice, clean, comfortable quiet room! This hotel is very nicely appointed and maintained, and I would recommend it (and eagerly stay here again). The hotel dining option is a Bennigan's; I didn't eat dinner here, but it is a nice, healthy, inexpensive breakfast w/ great service.

Room Tip: Try the side AWAY from the parking lot, if possible.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SUDBURY
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our second time staying at this hotel and we were not disappointed.

The hotel is well located for the University athletic program. It was quiet, clean and comfortable. It also has a great restaurant on property.

Only reason I did not give it a 5 star rating was because it does not offer continental breakfast, which seems to be the norm. It's not a deal breaker though and we would probably stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Great hotel - good location and very clean. Much better than some of the reviews I've read here. Got a good rate plus 15% off at Bennegins right next door.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reed City, Michigan
Reviewed May 24, 2012

The Holiday Innis a good place to stay for a conference or big event, but for the highest priced motel/hotel around Big Rapidd, my wife and I felt the rooms and facility needed to be updated. Still, it's the second best place to stay in the Big Rapids area. Country Inn & Suites is a better value.

• Stayed June 2011
#4 of 4 in Big Rapids
Two Hats Ranch
Two Hats Ranch
#1 of 1 in Big Rapids

Been to Holiday Inn Big Rapids? Share your experiences!