“Needs a renovation job BADLY!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Big Rapids
Reviewed August 30, 2012

It was a place to sleep and that is all I can say. The dek clerk was friendly. Pretty run down, linens and towels are worn out. The wifi worked well though, see I found something nice to say. :) if you need a bed, it works.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is going to be a quick review... and that's good, because when I get long winded, it's usually because things... went... wrong. Not here!

This was a smooth transaction from the moment I walked in the lobby. First, they do something that I haven't ever seen before... they actually have a "welcome sign" that welcomes by name all the Priority Club members that are checking in. It's kind of cute to see that. They got me checked in without incident, even though I was wanting to change my card to be used for the bill. Nice, competent, and professional.

I got to the room, and everything worked. It actually has one of the nicer shower stalls that I've seen in a sub $100 a night hotel, too. I wouldn't mind a shower stall like that in my home.

The ice machine wasn't that far from my room, it worked just fine, and no annoying signs on it.
Again, I'm happy.

The hotel internet -worked-... and works well. That's nice after getting out of a place that literally had one router, basically on the other side of the block, and no effective signal.

If I find myself stopping in this town again, I wouldn't mind staying here. it's nice to see how a professionally ran hotel operates.

Oh, BTW, I can't find any evidence of an elevator here, but then again, they didn't try to stuff me on the second floor, so this wasn't an issue for this stay. I mention it for others that might need this information.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2012

The room was pretty nice and it was clean, so was the bathroom. There was also free breakfast and my only complaint was that the eggs were made out of powder. There is a liquor store / bar next door, so you may want to get a room far from that, but we are not complaining.

Room Tip: There is an elevator. There is a bar next door, so you may want to get a room far from the bar.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2012

we stayed over on our way to mac island we found the room very clean and comfortable. the staff at check in and check out were very freindly and attentive to every question , the pool was clear and clean for being outdoor , that was nice. and the breakfast was great a very good start to our day.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel has large and clean rooms. Beds are comfortable. Most of all the rooms were booked but we could not hear any noise from other rooms. "Very Quiet." Breakfast was excellent with many items on the menu. We would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I was very impressed with this quality inn. I stay at choice hotels probably at least 80 nights a year and this is one of the nicest quality inns ive stayed at. Very clean and even though it is the old outside entry style it looks like its been renovated recently. Also the night shift employee went above and beyond to help me. I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My mom is handicapped and was having special tests in Grand Rapids last week and the doctor advised us not to travel far, but we could go about an hour or two, but not all the way back home 4 plus hours. So I read the reviews and called this hotel. I explained from the beginning that I needed adjoining rooms and handicapped accessible. When I called back to confirm my reservations and that they were adjoining rooms on 1st floor for handicapped the manager answered - VJ and he said the original guy gave me an upper floor. (P.S. there is no elevator to the 2nd floor). So he fixed it and promised me adjoining rooms on 1st floor so I could take care of my mother. While still in Grand Rapids and getting ready to leave I called the hotel to once again confirm adjoining rooms, the situation, etc. and Jessica said everything was set and the rooms were together. *****2 hours later when I arrived the front desk man named Matt said our rooms were separate and were not adjoining and there was nothing he could do. The next morning apparently Cindy was ready for me at the front desk and barked at me that the people in the room adjoining would not move out as they were staying another day. I asked then why did Jessica tell me the night before that they were still adjoining and she must have lied in order to get me to spend money still at this hotel and Cindy said she did not lie, she just have just mispoken. Well after going back and forth taking care of my mom and kids it was my worst night ever. Also my daughter got bit in bed by one of those pincher bugs and we could see the rubber did not meet to the ground on the door and probably come in under the door so she also did not sleep the rest of the night. The next morning the breakfast would have been great, except we had to wait in line and there was only 1 waffle maker and 50 people trying to eat in a very small area. They should separate their waffle area and drink area, etc or expand. No room there in the eating area for the disabled in motorized scooters to get to the food either. ####2 - The maids kept knocking from 7:00 a.m. on and when we went to the door they said, "Oh we thought you checked out" and we kept telling them no we didnt and they 15 minutes later they would be back - sucks! Guess they really wanted to get rid of us.

Room Tip: Eat breakfast very early or there is no room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
#3 of 5 in Big Rapids
Two Hats Ranch
Two Hats Ranch
#1 of 1 in Big Rapids

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!