Quality Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Big Rapids(Big Rapids)(Great Value!)
$83
Country Inn
$103
$119
  • Breakfast included
Red Moose Lodge(Baldwin)(Great Value!)
$85
$139
$109
Hotels.com
Two Hats Ranch(Big Rapids)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront desksausageroom was cleanferris state universityoutdoor poolpizza huteggsparty storechoice hotelsgreat priceyogurthot breakfastbreakfast providedmini fridge and microwaveking bedpleasant stayin town
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We were doing our Upper Peninsula tour in late May, 2012. Big Rapids was our fourth and last stop before we headed home. My husband wanted to check out their White Pine (Bicycle) Trail. We booked one night, a king-sized suite. It was the best deal of all accommodations that we had made during the trip.

Check-in was friendly and professional. The room was clean, spacious, and orderly. It was not extravagant but pleasant. Everything was working as it was supposed to. The additional blanket requested late in the evening was delivered promptly.

What really floored us was the breakfast the following morning . Their continental breakfast was not just a bit watery coffee and sugary pastries/muffins. It was the real thing which included scramble eggs, sausages, waffles, bagels, cream cheese, yogurts, juices, etc. Just name a few.

It is well situated close to the campus of Ferris. So those who want to check out the university ... This is a very convenient location to stay.

My husband, a bicyclist, and I will definitely be back when we try out their trail and the surrounding scenic drives.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We booked 3 rooms for a Ferris State University Graduation on 5/4/12. We had booked them in January and after calling all over, they were the ONLY rooms left in Big Rapids. We were aprehensive since the rooms were only $90 and that even included the tax and we thougtht ..."Oh boy...what are we in for?" But we were desperate so we booked the last 3 rooms. We arrived about 1pm (check-in was at 3pm) and even though they were super busy and fully booked they did everything they could and within a matter of minutes, and a couple phone calls, they got us checked into 2 of our rooms so we could get dressed for the 3:30 ceremony. They even offered us coffee while we waited. They were super gracious and helpful and made of us feel like we were the only guests. And believe me, we weren't! The rooms were well maintained and very clean. The next morning the free continental breakfast consisted of eggs, sausage, cereal, toast, bagel, yogurt, danishes, juice and probably a few other things I'm forgetting. The lady that took care of the filling and the cleaning up was so cheery and polite. Our daughter was running late and the breakfast time was coming to a close. I could see she was starting the clean up and I was getting nervous but this nice woman said "don't worry, take your time...don't rush her. I'll leave the food out". That has never happened to us before. At other places we have stayed they sometimes start cleaning up early to give the "hint" and then glare at you if you linger over coffee. Everyone one of the staff we came in contact with were extremely pleasant and helpful. And did I mention the price of the rooms were all less than $90 each. A real bargain!! We would stay there again in a heartbeat. I travel for business quite frequently and the company puts me up in nothing less than a Hyatt or Sheraton in the $300 a night range so its not like I have nothing to compare this to. The Big Rapids Quality Inn may not have 900 square foot rooms or an ocean view but thier service is right up there with the Resort Hotels. i just wish I would have asked for the names of the staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We had three adults in our room and it was very spacious! The room was very clean as well. The location is great if you are in Big Rapids to visit Ferris State University. There is a basic complimentary breakfast in the morning. Our only issue was the temperature of the room...when you close the curtains, all of the heat blew up into the curtains and the room was cold when we woke up. Easily fixable if we had noticed earlier!

Room Tip: They have rooms with doors that lead to a hallway and some that lead directly outside, if that is a safety concern for you. Even though the hotel is on a busy street, it seemed very quiet at night.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2011

While the buildings are a bit old, you can usually park pretty close to your room, so unloading and loading are rarely a hassle. The mattresses and pillows are good quality; and over several stays, I've never had a problem with noise. So I always count on a good night's sleep. The breakfast area seats 24, and the hot food is good (although the variety is a bit limited). The large-screen TV in the breakfast area is set on the weather channel, which is great for travelers spending the night on their way north. With my AAA discount, I paid a bit over $57 a night (and that included taxes). That's a whole lot cheaper than the Holiday Inn; and (in my experience), the Holiday Inn is a noisy place to try to sleep.

Room Tip: A room in the back building will keep you away from road noise -- but you'll have a longer walk to breakfast.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2011

My husband and I recently attended a wedding near Big Rapids, Michigan. A relative made reservations for us at the Quality Inn & Suites in Big Rapids. Check in was very courteous and when he realized my husband used a cane he put us in building D (farthest from the highway) which had an elevator that opened across from our room. They had an excellent hot breakfast and also offered soup and cookies every evening and, of course, coffee all day long. A big savings when you're traveling to only have to eat one meal a day out. Every employee we met was pleasant and could answer all our questions. The room was clean and housekeeping was done promptly.

Room Tip: If you feel a little uncomfortable when you're in the lobby, ask to see the room before you pay for it.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple