Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Big Rapids, MI
Quality Inn & Suites(Big Rapids)(Great Value!)
$55
Very Good 4/5
Hampton Inn Big Rapids(Big Rapids)(Great Value!)
$88
$98
$119
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Red Moose Lodge(Baldwin)(Great Value!)
$85
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
Outdoor Inn(Baldwin)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewscookieswaffleshot tubgreat breakfastgreat place to staybreakfast staffhot itemsthe breakfast areaclose to downtownconveniently located rightreed cityeasy accessferris state universitybed was comfortablehotel is cleanwould definitely stay here againstaff was friendly and helpful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This hotel was very conveniently located right off the highway. The room had both a fridge and microwave; being across a parking lot from a Meijer, we made use of both and saved some money on food the two nights we stayed.

The doors to the guest rooms are HEAVY. If you are older, they may be difficult to open! But they certainly kept the room quiet. The room smelled fresh and clean and the beds were very comfy. Pantene and Vaseline bath products. The bathroom was also very clean with enough towels, but they were a bit scratchy.

Two cons for the room: The flat screen TV is not at the best height for in bed viewing and there are not enough power outlets for today's connected traveler.

The pool area is showing its age a bit and the hot tub was not the cleanest but not to the point of being gross.

Valerie, the night clerk, was a gem. Very sweet and helpful, always smiling.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Becky55110
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect since there aren't many hotels in Big Rapids to choose from. I was delightfully surprised when we pulled in. It was away from busy streets and within walking distance to a large grocery store. The lobby was lovely, with a sitting area, fireplace and cookies for guests at the front desk. The employees are wonderful and friendly. We were accommondated upon request with a room that faced a woodsy area in the back that has wildlife running through it. Very beautiful view on the 3rd floor. There is a nice complementary breakfast with healthy choices, a workout facility and indoor pool with handicap accessibility into the pool and hot tub, which was impressive because I have never seen a hotel provide that! There is a business center with computer and printer. The hotel is quiet on the third floor. Maid service was excellent 4 out of the 5 nights we stayed. One morning I came back from working out and the bed was sloppily made and nothing was wiped down. I let it go since every other day had been fantastic. I love the large bathroom, mirror and lighting. There is a desk, sitting chair, flat screen tv with plenty of channels, mircrowave and mini fridge in the room. The beds are very comfortable with a comfy duvet. I really enjoyed my time at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel itself was very nice. Staff very friendly and helpful. Fast check-in and check-out. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The room came with a fridge/microwave/coffee maker. My pet peeve: the room lacks an available plug at the bedside for charging my phone. Get rid of the old fashioned LED clock radio/alarms and jump into the 21st century.

The breakfast was free and included the typical variety of cereals, breads, danishes, eggs, waffle maker, coffee, juices, fruit, etc. The hotel is located next to a Meijers and there are many opportunities nearby for shopping and dining.

The channel selection on the room TV was better than most, they at least had SciFi. The hotel wifi was easy enough to connect to and I could read and send emails with no problem.
However, the speed was slow and I was unable to stream anything on YouTube, Netflix, or HBO Go. The hotel also had a fitness room and pool, which I didn't use. So no comment. Overall, I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again when on business.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelingRN04
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was recommended on Trip Adviser so we checked it out. Easy to find off the Interstate. Had a 2nd story room -- clean, comfortable beds. Nice. Very good breakfast buffet -- many selections and all at appropriate temperatures. Glad we stayed en route to northern Michigan.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ainnig
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Coming home from upper Michigan on very icy roads we decided to stop in Big Rapids. Of course I used tripadvisor in my phone to find a hotel while my husband drove. Country Inn was rated high and so convenient being right by the highway exit. There is a Ruby Tuesday in front and a Meijer store next dorr with a gas station. The man at the front desk was very nice. The rate was great! The room was very clean and very nice. And I was suprised at the breakfast - it was better than the usual continental breakfast you get in other places. We will definately look for a Country Inn again when we travel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple