My husband and I stayed here for one night and loved it. The photos on their website do not do justice to the quaint, attractive interiors. Our room had exposed brick, a small gas fireplace, and a view of Lake Superior. The 5 pm "history of the lighthouse" talk in the livingroom was interesting and informative. The breakfast was delicious. The innkeepers are incredibly nice and go above and beyond to help. Where else can you stay overnight in a historic lighthouse keeper's house and climb the stairs to a working lighthouse? We loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High atop a cliff over Lake Superior, the lighthouse beckons to adults in search of a secluded retreat from modern life. Seven cozy rooms with private bath, most with lake views, some with fireplaces. Awake to the aroma of a full country breakfast and fresh brewed coffee. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Big Bay Point Lighthouse Hotel Big Bay
- Big Bay Point Lighthouse b&b
- Big Bay Point Lighthouse Bed And Breakfast Michigan