“A classic but "no great shakes"”
Review of The Cherry Hut

The Cherry Hut
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Beulah
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Description: The Cherry Hut was established as a roadside pie stand in 1922. The Krakerfamily used it as a means to distribute homemade cherry pies made from fresh cherries out of their orchard. Later, in 1937, the Cherry Hut moved to its present day location on US 31 in Beulah, MI. Throughout its long history the Cherry Hut has always been known for its homemade pies and jams. Owned by the Case Family since 1959 The Cherry Hut continues to supply smiling faces by serving food and shipping cherries year round. A Northern Michigan Tradition Since 1922.
Reviewed September 15, 2012

After reading the reviews we could't resist but wished we had. The food was medicore. I ordered fish and expected good fish - it was frozen and watery inside. Dinner roll was poor. Fries were hot and delicious and the cole slaw was fresh and very good. My husband is a vegetarian and was severely limited with the menu. His salad was average. I'd recommend that you try another restaurant in the area.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

A recent week long family trip up the coast showed that it is hard to stay classic and relevant. The cherry hut seemed to walk the line well. Looks like a classic 50's roadside attraction. But inside everything was immaculate. Food seemed to walk the same line. It was all good but nothing special - but then was diner food from the 50's really special in its day? Or do we just romanticise it and then hold surviving places like the Cherry Hut to gourmet standards? Clientele seemed to be many older local folks during our visit. Seemed to be testament to staying classic in modern times. If the food was nothing special - the cherry pie was AMAZING. I love cherry pie, eat it any chance I get, mom makes some of the best, I make some myself - and this was probably the best every. That said - cherry pie is like pizza where they are all usually good and the differences slight. Go and decide for yourself. Even if you disagree - you will enjoy the second place tasting enough to make the trip worth it. (Oh, and the young server Ariel (?) seemed to have stepped through a time warp from the 50's - so polite and deliberate that she almost didn't seem real in this frantic day and age)

1  Thank sheckyboy
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I eat cherry pie whenever I get the chance. It's hard to make a super delicious cherry pie and I am very picky. This is the best cherry pie I have ever had! If you only eat frozen pies or bakery pies from the grocery store, you've never had a real piece of cherry pie! You must try it! I promise you won't be disappointed!
We also ate here for buffet breakfast and it was also very good. But whenever we are in the area, I must have cherry pie!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Tasty pie. Try the cherry burgers, which are moist and delicious. Typical diner food is available and the pies to go are always a great option.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

The did a great job of accomodating a large group on Monday morning. Easy to find and lots of parking.