“Lousy Employees” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Scenic Hill Resort

BEST WESTERN Scenic Hill Resort
Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
BEST WESTERN Scenic Hill Resort
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Beulah
Kalamazoo
“Lousy Employees”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I didn't stay at this hotel but booked my boss. I needed their W9, so I called. The lady that answered the phone does not understand what W9 was. She had to ask another person. So I was told they will fax it. The next day I still didn't receive it. I called again, 4 hours later I finally received it but they sent me a blank form! (hello!) So I called again, asking them that I need the filled out W9; company name, address and tax id and signed and dated. That was last week, now it's another week. So another phone call and I was told the person that takes care of it, is on vacation for the whole week! And no one elses know how to do it. My goodness! It even takes them a long time to answer the phone! What kind of manager/supervisor that doesn't know what W9 is! ..sending a blank form!

Room Tip: Staff does not know basic info on business such us W9!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Zena V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lancaster, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

I had to come to the area for business and although i thought it was a bit pricey, i was surprised upon arrival with some of the reviews I've read on here. When i checked in, i found the staff very welcoming. This hotel seemed to be pretty busy. It must have been shift change when i checked in, but the employee walking out the door turned around and helped the person at the desk when a large group came in right after me. It was obvious to me that there was feeling of teamwork here. Everyone i came in contact with was helpful. I only had to ask, and they took the safe fee off of my bill for me. I will be back and will bring my family to visit the Sleeping Bear Dunes.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the lobby, with the high ceiling, the constant ringing of the phone won'...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jessica S
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is an average hotel that we stayed in to visit friends on Crystal Lake. It is located out of town, so the drive to Crystal or Frankfort was about 15 minutes. The room was large and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was nothing more than basic. The pool was large and warm, although the whirlpool was gross. The entire bottom of it was moldy. There are few dining options in the area unless you drive into Beulah or Frankfort. In the future I would rent a place right on the lake.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Howell, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Checked in early (after booking room on-line 6 weeks ago) with a buddy of mine to go salmon fishing.. desk clerk said all she had was a king size bed.. I told her that we had reserved two queens; and that a king bed would not do.. she said she would "throw in a roll out bed for free" I said we would not sleep on a roll out bed for $152.00 a night. she was sorry but that was all she had. I told her if I thought I could get another room in the area I would, but I new they were all booked. I said what about a discount? she would call her manager to find out.. I said tell me where she is and I'll go ask her , the clerck laughed and said it was "the weekend and the manager sure wouldn't be around here! Finally my buddy said get the manager on the phone and get this straightend out ..she called the manager and explained.. and of course the manager told her to put us in the room we reserved..and the clerck replied to the manager "but what if someone else comes in and wants their room with twins?" I said hey we are already here!.. finally got the room.. was it worth it? no. oh..and breakfast don't bother no effort or brains there either..

Room Tip: Go somewhere else...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shawn M

Travelers are raving about these Beulah hotels

Chicago, NW burbs
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Nice, clean rooms are easy to come-by, but this place costs twice as much as other establishments in the area.
For a Best Western, this was pretty poor.
Breakfast was sparse (waffles were the only hot entree).
Wireless Internet only really worked in the lobby area
No fridge or microwave in the room (but had a DVD player, so sorry, no microwave popcorn)
Only one icemaker in this 3-story hotel
Beds were not that comfortable
Location didn't warrant the price. It's just on the edge of town, no views (except the funeral home across the street).
They wouldn't even take-off the "manditory" safe-fee on check-in (had to check back in the morning to tell them I didn't use-it).
Even checkout was a hassle - I had to call the desk when we left the room, no express checkout

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gewf631
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

I have to admit I found it a bit difficult to rate this hotel. We (mom, teen, 17, and pre-teen, 11) stayed in 7 hotels during a circumnavigation of Lake Michigan this summer. This was one of our favorites, and one of the pricier that we stayed in. However, it is not a resort hotel.
The location is pleasant at a the top of a hill (although no great views anywhere) but very good for reaching Sleeping Bear, Crystal Mountain, Traverse City and the local coastal towns. Because it is a bit pricier than the average motel/hotel in this category, it was easier to book at short notice, even in July and it didn't seem full, which meant ( a true blessing) that the breakfast room was calm and the atmosphere unhurried, rather than the usual bunfight on a July morning. (Why oh why do architects persist in designing breakfast rooms with too little capacity for the number of bedrooms in most hotels?)
We loved the pool. Nothing fancy. No exotic shapes or games. Simply a decent size rectangle where you could really do some swimming. We did try the outdoor hot tub but were eaten by flies within two minutes of stepping outside. My daughter went to the fitness room and was happy with it (and alone). There was also a nice outdoor patio (if you had insect repellent).
Would certainly stay here again if we were in the area as the location is fantastic, the pool one of the best hotel pools we visited and the atmosphere, well..... laid back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank diversitylady
Livonia, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way to the rest of our planned vacation. The hotel was better than I expected and we considered extending our stay as the pool and whirlpool were particularly appealing. I LOVED the fact that the whirlpool was outside - makes for a much better pool experience (no humidity and discomfort for those not enjoying a swim) and the chill from the fresh air also enhances the whirlpool experience. The room itself was very comfortable and a good size. Breakfast was included and satisfactory to all. I would definitely make a return visit!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank michrocks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beulah
Northwoods Lodging
#1 of 1 in Thompsonville
Empire Lakeshore Inn
Empire Lakeshore Inn
#1 of 3 in Empire

Been to BEST WESTERN Scenic Hill Resort? Share your experiences!