“Handy access to Betsie River” 4 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN Scenic Hill Resort
BEST WESTERN Scenic Hill Resort
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Beulah
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Handy access to Betsie River”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2012

Stayed here while fishing the Betsie River. Friendly folks upgrade me to large room over breakfast area. Room was large & quiet. Free movies for dvd player in room was a plus also.

Room Tip: Ask for large room upstairs.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed 3 nights. The bed was very comfortable and double sheeted, which is a big plus. The air conditioner/heater was fairly quiet as it came on and off and I slept great. The pillows were in good shape and we had plenty. The towels were a nice size and did not seem worn at all.
The bathroom was roomy with a curved shower rod which gave tons of room in the the shower. The shower curtain liner was either stained or just dirty. If it were my home, it would have been replaced immediately.
The breakfast buffet was pretty typical. I appreciated the hard boiled eggs.
I think the staff could have been a lot friendlier.
It is not our first choice of places to stay but since everything else was booked, it worked out just fine. Like I said, the bed was very comfy and I slept great.

1 Thank MerryMarie
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

The room was basically clean, bathroom was nice but plain white, double sheeted bed, very confortable bed. The carpeting was stained or dirty all over, looked like a party room or something? Pool looked nice but did not use it. The air conditioning fan was blowing right on me in bed, I put the desk chair there to block it as there was no way to turn it away and it was already running on low.

The breakfast was very basic, store bought thomas bagels, toast, and muffins, your standard waffle making machines, hard boiled eggs, apples, small oranges, yogurt and cereal, nothing much special. Very basic.

The hotel is located 1/2 hour from everything and not really too near much other than the small town of Beuhla. Other words it is not near anything. Next time we would stay in Frankfort (nice town) or over close to Traverse City.

Now the worst of all. They added on $1.50 a day for the room safe, like it or not. I was quoted a price on Best Western web site and my reservation total was different than theirs. It states "Additional fees which may be charged at check-in: $0.00". I know $1.50 a day is really nothing but it is the point of it. I was told "it is included as part of the room", enlcuded or a required extra fee that we are just going to add onto every person that comes in. BS

Based on my experiance and some of the other problem reviewers have had, I don't think this indepenantly run Best western is very honest.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Beulah hotels

Redford, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

Still waiting for a hold to be taken off my debit card a week later after actual charge has gone through. The stay was not very good either.

When we arrived the lobby was incredibly hot and uncomfortable and we
were told it was because they had turned off the air for the season. The
front desk persons solution was to tell us we could use the pool to cool
off and where the ice was. We went outside to the jacuzzi to get some
fresh air and it was stained and disgusting. I asked the front desk for
toothpaste either complimentary or was willing to buy, they told me they
were all out. I asked for a corkscrew, (the hotel is near Traverse City,
MI wine country) they didn't have any corkscrews. The staff were
unprofessionally dressed and had poor customer service skills. They
looked and behaved more like they were working at a gas station then a
hotel. Went to call my co-workers room as we were leaving from the front
lobby phone in the sitting area and it didn't work....Oh yes and the
carpets in all the hallways are filty and stained. My company makes a
annual team building trip to the area and I am encouraging the owner to
have us all stay elsewhere

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Grand Haven, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

There are very few pet friendly options in NW Michigan. This Best Western does not offer a "scenic view" but it does offer being in close proximity to Beulah, Frankfort and 45 minutes to all the best that Traverse City and Leland?glen Arbor offer. We stayed because they accept dogs for the reasonable $20 pet fee.

Clean. Bed was OK. Hotel provides cheap Pantene quality toiletries. But we were able to travel with our mutt and will likely return for that reason. Without the pooch there are way better, cheaper options not far away.

Room Tip: Not all King rooms have a jacuzzi tub. This was unclear on their website. Hotel is noisy from other...
Western Michigan, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

There isn't much else to choose from in the area so I guess you have to be happy with what you get. The family suite above the front desk must be a popular room. Along with other reviewers we also stayed in the family suite. Although I could understand the potential of noise in that room being a problem, we were so tired, we didn't notice if there was a lot of noise. There is plenty of room in the family suite and it was clean. I found the staff nice when friendly however at check in and checkout they were no where to be found after waiting several minutes. Breakfast was very basic with nothing hot available except coffee. Cereal, apples, bananas, muffins, bagels and a microwave. The family suite was the only room available and we really didn't need a room that size for just two people so it was pricier than we wanted. However compared to other northern Michigan hotels in the same class, this suite is a little more money than the value you get.

Room Tip: Try calling the hotel directly versus on line or the Best Western 800 number if rooms aren't ava...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stayed at the Best Western Scenic Hill for one night in a family suite. Our room was on the second floor right above the front desk. The room was nice enough and seemed clean. It had 1 king bed and 2 twin beds. The twin beds are sort of in their own room but it's open to the main room. It's a nice area for kids. Would have been nicer if the tv was bigger. It's tiny and had to watch when laying in bed. My only complaint was that the walls are very thin and you can hear people coming up the stairs and talking in the hallway. I could also hear the phone at the front desk ringing and beeping. At midnight I still couldn't fall asleep so I asked if the beeping could be shut off. The front desk girl turned the volume down but I could still hear it in the room. The walls and ceiling are that thin! I turned the furnace fan on low to drown out the sound and that helped.

The pool area was nice and it was clean. Breakfast was good with a good variety. The staff especially the girl at the front desk was SO nice and eager to help. I would stay at the hotel again but try to get a room further from the lobby.

• Stayed July 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ScenicHill, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Scenic Hill Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Hi,

My name is Jimi, I'm the general manager of the Best Western Scenic Hill resort. I'm writing to say thank you for rating us on this website and also to say thank you for letting us know the phone was too loud. Making sure our guests have a great stay is my number one proirity! Have a great day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beulah
Northwoods Lodging
#1 of 1 in Thompsonville
Empire Lakeshore Inn
Empire Lakeshore Inn
#1 of 3 in Empire

Been to BEST WESTERN Scenic Hill Resort? Share your experiences!