“Clean up the place!”

L'Chayim Delicatessen
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Beulah
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 9, 2013

As a resident of Beulah, I'm always astounded when I walk or drive by the place to see how uncared for the outside looks. Paint is peeling, the bench out front looks like it hasn't been painted for years and there are usually weeds growing around it. It's really an eyesore to the village. I mentioned that last year to the people inside, but it's made no difference. Personally I wouldn't want to eat in a place that cares so little about what their restaurant looks like.

1  Thank Brian S

Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We were astonished to realise we'd eaten our sandwiches from filthy, crud encrusted plastic baskets. This was our first experience at a "real" deli. May the owners take note and WASH the things they serve food in. Sorry but true.

2  Thank Sparkleberrycupcake
Reviewed August 1, 2012

A 'hot tip' at the bike shop led to discovering L'Chayim in Buelah. And what a treat before riding the Betsie River Trail, scrumptious sandwiches made before our eyes! Beware, though, of the size of their sandwiches. My half sandwich, so generous a portion, were it not so delicious I might not have finished! Several are offered in half sizes. It's not a large place, so take-out to picnic along the beach or trail works. I wouldn't recommend this as a place for children because of portion sizes. Yet, the menu is quite large with something for everyone. We will definitely be repeat customers.

1  Thank cmpoz
Reviewed July 29, 2012

There is also a L'Chayim that just opened in Frankfort. We tried them both. While staff isn't overly friendly, they are courteous and prompt. The bagels as well as spreads were good and they serve good coffee. We were amused by the ad they ran in the local paper that stressed being polite. For a quick breakfast or lunch at a reasonable price this is the place.

2  Thank Sue B
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I come here all the time whenever I go up to Beulah. It is a nice little place. The bagels are very good, and the bakery items are also fabulous. There is not much else other than bagels, but bagels are enough for me! Their breakfast bagel sandwiches are delicious (I prefer the egg and cheese bagel). I would reccommend this restaurant.

I will return to this restaurant.

1  Thank hotellover987