“Family place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Traveler's Motel

Traveler's Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bessemer
Traveler's Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Bessemer B&B and Inns
Hustonville, KY
“Family place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights while visiting family and the hotel is a great value. Donna was friendly and very helpful. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. The bathrooms were small and the one in our room had no electric outlet. Kind of inconvenient. We did have a fridge, which we love to have. The wifi didn't work in our room. If you need to use it, I would suggest getting a room close to the office.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have stayed at the Traveler's Motel annually over the past dozen years during my summer travels. This place is always a pleasure to visit. It is beautifully clean, quiet and comfortable. The home-style bedding is lovely, indeed, comforting. As a bonus, it's also reasonably priced. There are roads behind the motel property which are ideal for an evening walk for those of us who like to have our daily constitutional. It's not unusual to see deer on the hilly terrain which borders the residential area. The owners are wonderful -- a very decent and industrious couple who knows how to run a high quality business and keep their clients coming back for more.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Jeanette M
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

First of all, Traveler's Motel is not a Hilton/Hyatt. That said, I was pleasantly surprised. For a budget motel, this place is a gem. The room is well kept and clean. By well kept, I mean everything was in good to excellent condition. I have stayed at my share of hotels (including Hiltons and Hyatts) where things are old, worn, and barely work. I can say that everything at Traveler's Motel was fully functional. The fridge kept things cold (and overnight the freezer mostly froze 4 bottles of water). Sink and toilet were shiny and looked new (no worn porcelain). Ditto for the shower (my only complaint is a low flow shower head, and no bathtub). Bathroom floor is a wood floor with a shiny finish. Bed had sheets like you would have at home, not institutional white. TV and remote worked fine. Donna, the owner, was very friendly, and a pleasant sight for sore eyes after a long day.

The price for a room is very reasonable. However, the room size is like a New York City room. Not much larger than the bed. A room with a single bed does have a chair and cocktail table (not a desk). Rooms are non-smoking, and no pets.

Note: I sent an initial request to the e-mail on their website. I never received a reply. I called 2 days later, and easily made a reservation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Midwest_Traveler_WI
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

A group of family and friends stay here every year over the New Year Holiday. I can't say enough good things about this place. It's always clean, the prices are very reasonable, and it's the perfect place to stay if you're visiting to ski/snowmobile/etc and want a warm, comfy place to hang your hat at nigh. The owners are incredibly friendly and it truly feels like home when you're staying here. HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend! :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank bskia
Greenville, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

My mother and I spent a week here in October 2011 while we were visiting with family and friends in the area. Our room was spacious and super-clean (and I'm particular about cleanliness!). The owner was very friendly and helpful, and the rates were very reasonable. We'd gladly stay here again. I wish all motels were this nice!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Wendy_from_Maine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bessemer
AmericInn Ironwood
AmericInn Ironwood
#1 of 11 in Ironwood
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 11 in Ironwood
Americas Best Value Inn Ironwood

Been to Traveler's Motel? Share your experiences!