“Closed permanently”

Add it.
Avani's International Restaurant
“Closed permanently”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Unfortunately, Avani's is closed for good, at least at this location. It was the best restaurant in Berrien Springs.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank James T

Brooklyn, Michigan
“Too small a village for such a great place”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Avani's has great food, a beautiful atmosphere, and great service. Not typical American food, world food is better tasting and better for you, anyways.

• Visited November 2013
“Temporarily Closed”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This has been a great place to enjoy international buffet, salad & soup bar, & homemade desserts in a peaceful restaurant with good, usually classical music. However Avani's has been closed for a few months, at least temporarily, but I hope not permanently. My wife and I have enjoyed eating there for a couple of years. Avani herself had some surgery from which she is recuperating. As the head chef & dessert maker, the restaurant's operations depend on her.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank James T
“Different and Delicious”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

In Berrien Springs, across from the entrance to Andrews University, there is a wonderful place to eat. This is a favorite for me and my wife. We live in Berrien Springs area. Avani's great for vegetarians and even very good for meat eaters. This place is owned and operated by a delightful Brazilian couple who offer an international buffet menu, mostly influenced by Latin America. There's a wide variety of hot items on the buffet. The salad and fruit bar is not large, in terms of selections, but the offerings are always yummy. And the home-made desserts are also delicious. Our favorite is the flan, but there's a good choice of other desserts, including a vegan item or two. Avani's is not open on Saturdays, but they have a very good Sunday brunch. Avani's uses table cloths; it's nicely decorated; and they play very comfortable, mostly classical background music.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank James T
Michigan
“Would have been EXCELLENT rating except....”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

They have an incredibly international assortment of flavors. There is a long main dish buffet, a soup station, "salad" buffet, and a dessert buffet. What we didn't expect was the wonderful array of flavors that I hunger for in this area. The soup was so fantastic, the salads were truly international. Everything appeared to be handmade from scratch. HOWEVER, there was no waitstaff (the busser brought us our drinks) AND worst of all........... the buffet became empty of food. They need to pace their replacement of food, the lunch buffet is open until 3:30. The soup was not replaced in the entire hour we were there. We weren't able to taste a number of foods because the hot trays remained empty. THE ENTIRE DESSERT buffet was empty, they even removed the empty plates. There were a number of salads I wanted to try but when I returned the bowls were empty and not refilled. I can understand not having the hot dishes ready, but a corn salad, a cucumber salad, should be already made and ready for placing on the buffet. I will give them another try because the food I tasted was wonderful. AND I am willing to get my own drink and silverware. But I don't want to make my light pass ( Never ever pile food together !!) and then when I make another light pass, the other dishes remain empty.
p.s. it's decorated quite lovely, someone has a good eye for design.

• Visited September 2013