“Wish They Would Get Their Act Together”

O'Mara's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 54 Restaurants in Berkley
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Wish They Would Get Their Act Together”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Been to O'Mara's for dinner many times and found it to be going downhill over the years to a little less than average rating. First time Sunday for their Breakfast. Gotta tell you, nothing special and two eggs with a side of bacon and toast running $9.00, I might as well gone to the greasy spoons up and down the road for better food and atmosphere. This place has a super location but needs a "face lift" not only with their menu and chef but also the interior.

• Visited April 2013

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Overpriced & Small Portions”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I ordered a corned beef dinner. It was pretty small and left me hungry. I know they probably did a boiled dinner type of cooking, it was good, but small portions for the cost.

I've been to O'mara's for a wake, and thought they did a great job, good apps and choices. Just wouldn't go there for a full meal.

• Visited May 2012
Detroit, Michigan
“Great Food and Service!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I went to O'Mara's for a bridal shower. It is one of the groom's family's favorite restaurants here in town. They go every year to celebrate anniversaries and birthdays, so naturally, this was the only place to hold the wedding shower! It was great. We had a nice quiet room all to ourselves. The food was excellent, the drinks were luscious and dessert was to die for. Everyone here at O'Mara's is very nice and friendly, they treat you like family. Service is very attentive. Valet parking is available and on weekends there is music too. Fun place! I'm very glad I went and discovered why my friends adore it so much!

Visited June 2012
detroit
“Before was good, this time Not”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We have been here before, when they had the Sunday Brunch, which was great. We came here again this past Sunday at Noon, knowing they didn't have the brunch any longer, but thought we would get a corned beef sandwich, hamburger, pasta plate etc. Come to find out, on Sundays, they don't serve lunch. Breakfast until 2:30 or 3:00? We are at the table, looking at the menu, which had breakfast items AND sandwiches etc. So I say I'll have a Rueben......."We are only serving breakfasts now" It's almost 12:30? Sorry Omara, you left a bad taste in my mouth. There were 6 or us and 2 kids, if there were less, we would have left. So I ate eggs when I woke up at 8am, and had to eat eggs again for lunch. Also, no where does it say this before going. On the door, on their website etc.......

• Visited December 2012
Detroit, Michigan
“Won't be back”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Went on a Friday night and it was busy. Our daughter was the only child in the place (no biggie just fyi). Ordered two dishes off the specials menu and neither was great. Both were just run of the mill. Food took a long time.service was friendly but not super attentive.