“Not what I expected”

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Rochester, Michigan
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We have eaten here as a large family several times and always have some sort of issue. I think we are now done with it. When you offer the management comments on how to make their facility better because you eat there and they argue with you it becomes obvious they have no interest in improving. We have been to Ireland and the food here bears little resemblance. My lamb was ruined by the chef not cooking it enough and by slathering gravey all over it. When I said something to management they indicated their chef offers different flavors to customers when they eat out. I feel you have to want to eat it first. They said the chef had over 20 years experience and knows what he is doing. What arrogance! I have been eating for over 60 years and know what I am doing-like paying for it -and it won't be there.

1 Thank rawsco1

Berkley, Michigan
“Sit outside,watch your waitresses smoke!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

what is absolute joke in service. when we ask the waitress what kind of vodka and what kind of gin they have she said I do not know and stood in front of us waiting somehow for our order. The food is not great, average at best. we sat on the patio and while waiting for a reorder on our drinks we saw our waitress having a cigarette in the front parking lot of the restaurant. she had with her cigarettes to the hostess was also having a cigarette came to ask us if we needed anything and I went back to finish her cigarette . What a joke.

1 Thank DavidKimW
Michigan
“Warm and Inviting”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

O'Mara's is the type of place you can just relax and enjoy. Feels very homey and the waitstaff is great. The bartenders (especially Jerry) is great! Food is yummy...try the Shrimp Appetizer..and their soups are real comfort food. Great Neighborhood eatery. Also has entertainment on weekends..live music and comedy.

• Visited February 2012
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Irish Fair”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Irish food served up hot and fair ... cold beer and a great Irish band that is there most weekends.

Royal Oak, Michigan
“Sunday Brunch is my favorite!”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Ok, I've been dining here for years- and I love the irish cuisine as well as the american fare...but, my favorite is the Sunday brunch. It is VERY reasonably priced and so much is offered on the buffet...It's been the place for many special occasions from birthdays to anniversaries...I love O'Mara's!