“Convenient and nice”

Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Benton Harbor
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I was totally satisfied with my stay at this hotel. I had to move my room and that was handled promptly and nicely. If staying at this Inn I would suggest requesting the 3rd floor in case you get a heavy foot above you when on lower floors. Front desk was very helpful about places to eat.

Room Tip: As stated above get the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed August 15, 2011

"Oldie but Goodie" could be the summary of this hotel, where the furniture was updated according to the new HIEX standards, but where the elevator, smelly hallway and staircase carpets must have seen better days. Get a room towards the asphalt plant in the back, away from the very close and noisy Interstate. The staff is very friendly, breakfast is OK. The location is actually better than what one first associates with the city of Benton Harbor. A Meijer’s store is just around the corner.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I recently spent a week at the Holiday Inn Express in Benton Harbor completing a work assignment. I had a bit of a rocky start -- I arrived shortly after noon on a Sunday and asked if there was any rooms available. I was told that although the housekeeping staff had been working for a few hours already that no rooms would be available until after 3:00. I waited an hour, and went and asked another staff member who immediately found me an available room. My room was clean, spacious and quiet. The hotel was in the middle of renovating their rooms and did a good job of minimizing disruptions to their guests. The complementary breakfast was nice and the staff very accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2011

First- some positives. The checking was quick and friendly. The location is a good one, right off the highway with some good restaurants nearby.

Unfortunately, some negatives became apparent after check in: The rooms are on the small side for HI Express, with a small TV and very few channels. The toilet was not bolted down, and there were a few other small signs of neglect to the property. No crib was available, even though we had requested one more than a week prior. Breakfast was a great let-down- they were out of milk, bread, english muffins and bagels. To be fair, I did not try breakfast until 9:00am, but if they say breakfast is until 10:00am then they should provide food.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank winnydpu
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Stayed in Benton Harbor since rooms in South Bend were over $300 due to Notre Dame graduation. Older but nice hotel. All areas were clean and breakfast was a full breakfast and not just fruit and Danish. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed December 14, 2010

I made reservations at this hotel on 4th of July but found out I had a handicap room with one bed when I needed 2 beds for 4 people. It was also very expensive. So I cancelled within 48 hours and made reservations at Holiday Inn in Kalamazoo.
The Holiday Inn in Kalamazoo was much nicer, large pool, nice restaurant, clean.
However, I was charged by this hotel in Benton Harbor even though I followed all the cancellation rules. They owner kept saying he'd credit my card back but never did so I disputed it on my charge card.
The owner sent a dispute back to the credit card company and rebilled me.
I then called Holiday Inn corporate offices and they investigated. Corporate sent me a letter back saying that this location was wrong and that they would credit me back.
They finally did.
Don't trust your money with this Holiday Inn. They never called me back, lied about my credit and double billed me.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Lee051
Reviewed August 29, 2010

My family and I stayed at the Benton Harbor Holiday Inn express en route from Toronto to Chicago. It was an excellent stop over point for us.
The hotel was clean and my kids enjoyed the pool. The location was excellent just off the interstate 94 and close to shopping (there is a mall, Walmart, Target and Meijer very close by). The continental breakfast was perfect before we headed out for about another 2-3 hour drive to Chicago.
My only complaint would be the price. It was a bit on the pricey side for my liking and we paid even more than our hotel in downtown Chicago.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Comfort Suites Benton Harbor
Comfort Suites Benton Harbor
#6 of 11 in Benton Harbor
Staybridge Suites - Benton Harbor-St. Joseph River

Been to Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor? Share your experiences!