All reviews great hotel movie theater road noise minute drive silver beach pool and hot tub omelet hgi benton wedding st brand earplugs joseph keurig walmart expressway
Selected filters
Reviewed May 31, 2019

I haven't stayed the night here but I've been to a few events in the meeting rooms here and they are great! It's a very convenient location right off the highway. This hotel fairly new within the past few years in Benton Harbor. Again I haven't stayed the night here but I would 100% recommend for anyone I know to stay here if they are coming in town for a visit.
I've also been there a few times to grab a quick drink with friends. I can't say it was over the top amazing but your typical hotel bar. Drinks are not cheap but they aren't expensive. There is also a restaurant there too but I've never eaten there, never felt like I needed to eat there to check it out and I have never heard anyone else talk about eating there. So I can't give a good or bad reco on that aspect.

Pros:
• Great meeting rooms
• Nice and new construction
• Decent hotel lobby bar
• Great location right along the highway
• I'd recommend staying there instead of the high priced hotels in downtown St. Joe

Cons:
• I don't hear anything about the restaurant, I mean that could be good or it could be bad

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Cindy K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Benton Harbor / St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2019

Thank you for your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay with us! You must try the restaurant for dinner sometime, as we have amazing food! You will NOT be disappointed. It is one of the things we have strived for is our food quality, not to mention our guest service. I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to give the review you did. If you get a chance, look above the hostess stand on the framed article they did on our restaurant food. Thank you again
Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed May 29, 2019

Enjoyed my stay with my familty at the Benton Harbor Hilton Garden Inn. The room was very large, and clean. Could of slept a little better, as it took a while to adjust to the pillow away from home. Breakfast was great.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Cindy K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Benton Harbor / St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2019

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay with the Hilton Garden Inn. I understand what you mean about the pillow adjustment, as I am the same way when I travel and have a different pillow, but I am glad the remainder of your stay was good, and you enjoyed our breakfast!!
We hope to see you again soon!
Yours in Hospitality

Reviewed May 28, 2019

Our second visit to this site for vacation/getaway and it was truly appreciated and enjoyed. Staff and property are always at their best. Location is ideal for traveling, and site seeing nearby coastal towns.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Cindy K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Benton Harbor / St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2019

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback! We so appreciate your business, and taking the time to post a nice review.
Have a wonderful summer, and we hope to see you again soon!

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

This is my second time staying at this location. I checked in using the Hilton honors apt with electronic key code. When I arrived they didn’t verify my first and last name against my cards with my reservation resulting in me getting put in someone else’s room. Also with this confusion I had multiple holds on my CC from getting checked in twice. Other than check in my experience was very enjoyable and rooms were very clean.

Date of stay: May 2019
Cindy K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Benton Harbor / St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

Dear CDoug1710,

Please accept my sincere apology for the issue you had during your stay. This is not acceptable, and I do apologize for this error. I will have a conversation with our New Front Desk Manager, and I would be happy to offer you some points to your honors account if you are a member? Please email me your name, and honors number and I will be happy to do this. Again, please accept my apologies, and we hope you will not let this deter you from staying with us again.

Cindy.King2@hilton.com (email)

Reviewed May 21, 2019

Staff does not recognize HH members especially when it comes time for room placement. DO NOT let staff place you in a room which faces the interestate. Traffics noise was horrible and so was my sleep quality.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Cindy K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Benton Harbor / St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2019

Thank you for taking the time for your feedback. Please note that we only a certain amount of availability on the non interstate side of the hotel. When we are at a high occupancy, we upgrade our Honors Gold and Diamond and work our way down. I am sorry that you were not happy with your room, and that they did not recognize your Honors status. That is not the impression we ever want to leave you with. I am not sure what you mean by Lazy Management? Again, we apologize that you did not get the rest you wanted due to facing the highway. Please know your business if of importance to us.

Yours in Hospitality