“Just horrible!”

Ranked #50 of 67 Restaurants in Benton Harbor
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stopped for dinner here after having Steak 'n' Shake elsewhere for lunch. Wow, what a difference! Despite the fact that we were nearly the only ones in the place, the service was just HORRIBLE! Our waitress was inept! She brought appetizers (soup) with the meals, took forever bringing drinks, never asked if we were okay or needed anything, never brought refills, and took forever with our to go shakes. The food was okay, but not as good as the earlier location.

We were a group of seven and warned her about separate tickets. Well, that was a waste of time, because she messed all of that up and we had to stand at the front register with the manager for 20 minutes trying to figure it all out.

Just a horrible, nasty visit.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Their meals are reasonably priced, mostly burgers and some chicken tenders. Cheap place to take the family but plan on being there longer than at McDonalds since it's sit-down service that can take a wile. Their service is rather slow and the drive thru is PAINFULLY slow, I have waited as long as 30 minutes in their drive thru. Milk shakes are awesome and BOGO between 2 and 4.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I am a REAL sucker for a great, greasy cheeseburger. Especially when they are as cheap as Steak n Shake. I love their burgers. The staff is friendly. My last TWO experiences going there, I am NOT going back. The place has turned into a filthy mess and I just cannot bring myself to go back. The tables were dirty, the bathrooms were dirty, the floor is so greasy you could slide over to your booth. I dropped my menu on the floor and when i had a closer look at the floor I nearly went into shock. EW!

The staff is not well trained as there appears to be a very high turnover here and if you do not order your shake with your drinks, you are not getting your shake.

I do not know if it is new management or ownership or what but we have been going there for years and it has really taken a down hill dive over the last few months. Sorry SNS! Im really going to miss you!

Seriously, the health dept needs to pay them a visit.

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Stopped at Steak and Shake. Was a good chain at one time. This place was so bad I could not believe it. The service was terrible. Order mixed up. Shake ordered and not delivered until meal over even after asking twice for drink. Table was dirty. Utensils were dirty. Unfortunately I used the bathroom to wash hands and it was filthy. Items on walls, dust all over, grime present and I am not a prude. This was awful for a chain restaurant! Never go here!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stopped here for lunch. Food was average. Service was awful. Took 10 mins to be waited on. Different waitress every time at table. Bathroom was gross.