“Tasty BBQ in the heart of downtown Benton Harbor”

Charlie's Piggin' N' Grinnin'
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I have been visiting this establishment over several years and have always been satisfied with the food they have served. My three "go to" dishes are the brisket sandwich, Ribs, and Corn casserole. The brisket is always succulent and flavored just right. They have three sauces that you can use to modify the taste but is thoroughly unnecessary. I also get their Ribs that are a dry rub and these too fall off the bone with perfect smokey flavor. And finally their corn casserole, this is dripping with honey sweetness and it complements the meat dishes perfectly.

The establishment itself has a friendly atmosphere and is perfect for casual dining. I would highly recommend visiting at least once and trying their brisket.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

There's no bones about it... really, I don;t recall seeing ribs or bone chicken. Everything is "pulled" pork, brisket, turkey and chicken, and it works. We gave them a try scouting for my wife's turn to host a meeting. We liked everything especially the house made coleslaw, the house made sauce is pretty good too. And, if you like hot, they have two sauces that will light that fire. As for the meeting, everyone loved the chicken, brisket and slaw, they even made a vegy wrap for two non-meat people.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have never had anything bad here. Stopped in to order and take home the staff is so friendly and even gave us samples of stuff that we were curious about. My friend does not like turkey but staff convinced her to try their turkey and it was great and she loved it. I have never had greens before so they gave me a little cup of them and I will be ordering them next time I go back. Awesome staff and food.

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful juicy well smoked BBQ. I had pulled pork and it was great. My husband had the brisket and loved it. I like that it is served with no sauce and you may add as much as you like at the table. Would give it a 5 if they didn't have plastic forks. Will be back!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We were just on our way home from a wonderful vacation, and while on the road consulted Trip Advisor for a restaurant in Benton Harbor. Trust your fellow reviewers on this one. Rated #3 on the list- in our opinion #1! Somewhat limited menu,but who needs more when you do BBQ the BEST :) There were 3 different sauces that you could add to your selection, but honestly I didn't want to mask the wonderful smoked taste!! P.S. The dessert selections were REALLY homemade. No kidding.

1  Thank whataleap