“Outstanding food, with a side of insecurity...”

Cravings Bistro and Pub
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: http://www.bundle.com/merchant/detail/cravings-bistro-and-pub-benton-harbor-mi-22022208/
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The food here is top notch, but I found my enjoyment slightly marred by the frequent hovering by the server and maître d' asking, with an air of trepidation, how I was enjoying the food. Unless I got a real outlier, they're entitled to more confidence!

I started with the lobster bisque, creamy and rich. My server suggested the lime and cilantro dressing for my salad, and it was really excellent! This was followed by the best blackened scallops I have ever had, anywhere. Firm and flavorful, with a great Riesling butter sauce. A side of fried plantains, perfectly prepared, with no mushiness, almost satisfied my sweet tooth, but the dessert tray's key lime pie looked too good to pass up, and it was! A firm custard-style, it was a great finish.

I'll definitely be back when next in town!

1  Thank JEM196204

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Wonderful food, very good selection of draft beer, great service. Lunches are very good and quick. Dinners are worth a try!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

What an excellent surprise! Friendly service, a great menu and overall, just a really pleasant experience.
We had lunch on Valentine's Day. Started with the pork belly nachos. Very tasty. Be sure and ask for pico de gallo as the perfect accompaniment. Their beer list is awesome even though we did not partake. :) Our toddler had their black beans and my husband said they are the best he has had, ditto on the sweet potato fries that came with the lunch special. The special was a pulled BBQ chicken sandwich. Perfectly toasted fresh bun and nice sweet-tangy sauce. The gentleman that waited on us was attentive and just really nice. We plan on returning! Highly recommend.*We sat in the pub area but they also have a bistro side with a little fireplace.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We exited the highway to go to a nearby pancake house for a late lunch. It had just closed, so we had to figure out somewhere else to go. We had passed by this place, but we weren't sure if we wanted to go because usually a Bistro is a bit pricey and we were just looking for a quick bite to eat. This place came up on Yelp, and the reviews were pretty good so we decided to try it. Being that it was around 3:30 in the afternoon at first we were the only people in the restaurant. We were greeted right away by a very friendly host who was also our waiter. Joe was very attentive without being overly so. We never wanted for anything, and he accepted our requests with a smile. The food was great. It was 3 of us, and we ordered three sandwiches and ended up sharing them. We ordered the ham & brie, turkey swiss burger and lime cilantro chicken sandwich. My boyfriend and I also split the lobster bisque which was very good. All of the sandwiches were great. Sweet potato fries were nummy as well as the fried plantains (this isn't a normal option but it is a possible side). We were too full for dessert, but our waiter asked us if we wanted to at least look at the dessert tray. The ambiance of this place is very relaxing. We were in the dining room which has a warm gas fireplace. The other side of the restaurant is a bar which is nicely separated from the dining area. Unfortunately, we don't live anywhere near this place or we would probably visit more often. However, we are extremely happy to have accidentally found this place, will definitely be back.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

We have been big fans of Cravings for quite awhile now, They have a good craft beer selection we enjoy, along with friendly bartenders that take care of us so well. The happy hour is fun, love some half price appetizers! A couple of weeks ago we had a surprise 30th birthday party there for my daughter. Berto took great care of us and our waitress K was on top of everything, She had the tables set up, kept the pizzas coming, cut up and served our dessert. Only wish the weather would have been better so we could have had a bigger turnout.