“our favorite local Mexican place”
Review of El Rodeo

El Rodeo
Ranked #12 of 67 Restaurants in Benton Harbor
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 10, 2014

El Rodeo is the standard by which I judge all other Mexican. The service is always good, the margaritas are always tasty, the food is always yummy. I bring my out of town friends and family here. I am always happy when I leave El Rodeo!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Was staying at a nearby motel and looking for a place to eat nearby that was not fast food. Found by accident while just driving around, located in a strip mall on a side street. Was pleasantly surprised upon entering. This is a full service restaurant with good selection of Mexican beers. Was seated right away and the waiter brought the usual chips and salsa; this one was good with a little bite to it. Very extensive menu of Mexican offerings including vegetarian and fish. Portions are huge, food is excellent, and service was fast. The dishes are authentically prepared, the way Mexican food should taste. Enjoyed it so much that I went back again a couple of nights later before leaving town. Go find it if you are staying near exit 29 on the expressway.

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here on a road trip up to St. Joseph MI. We had the chicken enchiladas Verdes and the fish/tilapia tacos. Both were served with rice n beans. Proportions were good size. Service was friendly and inviting.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We often stop here when we're driving between Grand Rapids and Chicago. It's a quick stop off the highway. The food is great, and they always have specials that make the prices even better. The chips and salsa are good. We always ask for salsa that is more spicy and they are happy to bring it to our table. The service is fast and the food is delicious. They have amazing lunch deals. Today I had a combination platter with a taco, a tostada and an enchilada. They were all excellent. My husband had a combination of a taco, two enchiladas, and the choice of refried beans or rice. We both enjoyed it all.

1  Thank onthego61
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Great place to take family. Food is good. I have tried many things there but the fajita nachos are my fave. The white cheese they put on it is the best. Have not found better nachos anywhere else. The staff is always very nice and the drinks aren't bad.