This is a very inexpensive motel. We paid $64 and some change plus taxes. But, I had to work hard to get that rate. Desk clerk was very nice. The motel is a work in progress. What can I say. I checked for bed bugs like I do at all motels. Mattress and bedding clean but very thin. No hair dryer or breakfast. What is so sad is I paid $89.00 plus tax for my next motel and it was 18 months old and very nice. Fresh and modern w/ a pool and great breckfast. If you can spend an extra 20 to 25 dollars and see the difference you will agree. It says smoke free but, our room smelled of smoke and cig butts on ground outside door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Red Roof Benton Harbor/Saint Joseph, about 30 minutes from both Kalamazoo and South Bend. Red Roof Benton Harbor/Saint Joseph is conveniently located on Interstate 94 on the Historic Michigan Wine Trail. Red Roof Benton Harbor/Saint Joseph is located near Silver Beach County Park, the Berrien County Fairgrounds, Warren Dunes State Park, Indiana Dunes State Park, Washington Park and Red Bud Motor Cross trail as well as several corporate headquarters, including Whirlpool, Bosch and Leco, in addition to nuclear plants Cook and Palisades. We’re close to several colleges; Notre Dame University, Lake Michigan College, Western Michigan University SW Campus, Andrews University, Southwest Michigan College. Enjoy shopping? Check out Orchards Mall, Kohl’s, Target, Wal-Mart, Meijer’s, Best Buy all within 1 mile of the hotel or go to downtown Saint Joseph and visit the many shops and boutiques- it’s only 5 miles away. Come stay with us if you’re going to a show or an event at the Mendel Center we’re just 5 minutes away and we’re also not too far from Southwest Michigan Regional Airport, Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport or Michiana (South Bend) Regional Airport. Numerous restaurants are near the hotel: Applebee’s, Texas Coral, IHOP, Bob Evan’s along with several local favorites: El Rodeo (Mexican), Sophia’s House of Pancakes and China Buffet. If you’re looking for the quick drive thru: There’s a McDonalds, Burger King, Steak n Shake, Wendy’s, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell and KFC within a mile and many pizza places to choose from. The hotel offers free parking for semis and busses and Red Roof always welcomes well behaved pets at no charge. Wireless internet is complimentary in all guest rooms. Wheelchair and ADA rooms are available. The friendly and knowledgeable staff knows how to make guests feel confident, significant, and delighted.This 100% Non-Smoking Red Roof Inn offers not only free Wi-Fi and a flat screen TV in all guestrooms but all long distance calls are complimentary anywhere in the continental US. We offer both a Deluxe Double that includes a microwave/microfridge unit and a Superior King room which offers a large workstation with ergonomic chair and special task lighting as well as microwave/microfridge units and in room coffee makers - a nominal fee may apply for both; please inquire. Free coffee and tea available in the lobby 24/7. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Red Roof Inn, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Roof Inn Benton Harbor St. Joseph reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Benton Harbor Red Roof Inn
- Red Roof Inn Benton Harbor