“Great Omlets”

Sophia's House of Pancakes
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: What a great breakfast and awesome service. I normally prefer healthier fare, but if you are looking for IHOP this is really a step above. The service is way better than I've experienced at restaurants far more expensive with far better food.
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

If your in the mood for a big breakfast at a decent value, then visit Sophia's. absolutely great Omlets. Huge! The price is worth the trip as this place has great value. Good service. Very attentive. Food is excellent!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I like the homestyle thick-cut oatmeal and fruit breakfast along with a cup of orange juice. The local flavor of the patrons feeds the success of this restaurant. The foods are a favorable change to the IHOP chain that's down the street.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I'm really glad that I didn't read the other reviews before going to this place, on my husband's recommendation. He does work out in the St. Joseph area, and all of his co-workers are always talking about skipping the free hotel breakfast and going to Sophia's. On a trip to Chicago, we stayed in Benton Harbor... we decided to skip the free hotel breakfast, and go to Sophia's. WOW!! We had an EXCELLENT waitress, probably one of the best waitresses I've ever had (pity I don't remember her name...). She was personable and even changed our order around so that it would be cheaper on the bill. My husband had a HUMUNGOUS breakfast, with eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, toast, etc. etc. I had the strawberry pancakes. I have NEVER had better pancakes, and I'm including my own made-from-scratch pancakes! So so good. We will be returning, and I'm willing to bet my husband will be waking up a little earlier so he can make it to Sophia's before work from now on!

1  Thank Leetlestar
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Simply put, I'll never return, even if the food was free...
Request- crispy hashbrowns. Served-cold hashbrowns.
Other order of hashbrowns also cold. Eggs were scrambled correctly, but when they come from a carton it's hard to mess that up.. Pancakes had the flavor of cardboard and texture wasn't far off that mark as well. Biscuits and gravy were actually not too bad however.
Waiter asked if he could replace the hashbrowns, however with two of two orders being in edible , we chose to just throw them away and chalk up the experience as a failure.
At the register when asked if everything was ok, I told the lady about the issues, and she asked if the waiter offered to replace the hashbrowns. We told her he had but but we lacked the confidence in them being crispy if they couldn't get them warm.
Charge? Full price $21.95 for biscuits gravy and two chocolate milks.

1  Thank NukedNative
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Very quick service. Large portions of well-prepared food. Specializes in breakfasts, but open most of the day.