“Pretty Good All in All”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Belleville
Shippensburg
“Pretty Good All in All”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Older hotel with some definite worn areas but does great for price. Got a super large, nice room. I ran across 3 staff members and all were extremely pleasant and helpful. I was worried about some construction people having some beers and such near our room, sounded loud but, once in the room couldn't hear anything. Slept pretty well all in all. AC was okay....cooled pretty good. Definitely would pick this again if coming through the area.

Room Tip: Top floor...quieter!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
gmmi150, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My significant other and I were visiting family and friends in Southeast Michigan over Memorial Day weekend 2013 and decided to spend one night at this Comfort Inn due to the location, the fairly decent TripAdvisor reviews, and the rate of our room. Overall, we were satisfied.

I will say that this hotel is older and not in the greatest of condition, but it was quite acceptable for what we needed. The woman checking us in was friendly and pleasant, and the check-in process was quick. Our room was okay, although it did have a bit of a moldy smell and the bathroom was not quite as clean as it could have been. The bed was reasonably comfortable though. (It's not like we spent a ton of time in the room, but my complaints were very minimal.)

This hotel does have a pool, but for some reason it was closed early on that Saturday night. From the lobby, the pool didn't look terribly inviting and I didn't see a hot tub. We didn't have our swimsuits and didn't really have time to use the pool anyway.

The next morning we had breakfast at the hotel. Breakfast was quite good. They did offer a couple hot items (sausage patties and eggs) as well as make-your-own Belgian waffles. (They had regular waffles and chocolate waffles... I had never tried chocolate waffles before, and these were good!) Plus, they had your typical cereal, bagels/donuts, juice, coffee, etc.

The check-out process was just as quick as check-in. No problems there.

Overall, this Comfort Inn was okay. It was reasonably priced and was sufficient for our needs. I would consider staying there again if I find myself needed a room in Belleville again. :-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stay in Comfort Inns for financial reasons; they are usually a good value for the money, but they are normally just mid-priced motels. I have stayed at this particular Inn several times. The people are very caring and helpful - well above normal. The property is well kept and convenient to the Interstate. The beds are quite comfortable. I recommend this Inn for anyone passing by the Belleville area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lakeshore, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night in April, 2013. We planned dinner out and drinks at the country bar (Diamondback Saloon) which is down the road from the hotel. Check in was fast and friendly. A wonderful older lady checked us in and she was great. We had a second floor king suite which was very spacious. The room appeared recently renovated, was clean and had a fridge and a microwave. The bed was comfortable and over-all the hotel was very clean and quiet. The free breakfast had lots to choose from and the food was fresh. The hotel is right off the Interstate and there is plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Georgetown, Canada
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed at this hotel as it was the only hotel available during the Nascar weekend, read the reviews and people rated it nice and loved the experience. Well, it's an older hotel, it seems that it's family owned, same person who does the front desk, takes care of the breakfast. The hotel needs some updating, it's still in the 80's burgandy and green colour decor. The carpets are old, the room we had on the first floor, the floor in the washroom needs a gallon of javex to clean the tiles, the corners, had so much dirt that I actually cleaned it up. The breakfast is okay, scrambled eggs, sausages, make your own waffles, the hard boil eggs they place in the fridge, pastries, same food every day, which they should change it up a bit, the restaurant is in the front lobby, cereal, yogurts, juice, cofffee, not very big, breakfast is from 6:30 - 9:30 a.m. and when everyone goes it's too crowded and people take the food back to the room and come back and forth to get food. Not enough towels in the room. I would only go back if there was no other hotel available, the hotel smells, I actually bring air freshner as habit everytime we go away to refreshen up the room, wow did we ever need it.The price is reasonable, but that's what you get for the price. You can miss the hotel if you aren't paying attention as the sign is hidden. Looks good from the outside, when you enter, you can see the hotel is old, they need to spend some money to improved the hotel, and they should hire people that actually know how to clean the rooms, and change the decor come with the times.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank my_lovely43
Brooke-Alvinston, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I love this hotel. Me and my family plus my friends family go there every year for the brooklyn MI race. They have very Excellent staff the breakfast is always great and they have a pool and hottub,WI-FI, a computer, elevator, and it is very plesant every time we go there. It has a great chinesse restarunt walking distence from the hotel. The rooms are always clean and are nicely arranged.

Room Tip: the ground floor is the best.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were just looking for a place to stay en route to Chicago. We just needed a bed and a good night sleeps. This comfort Inn suited these requirements just fine. Our room were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was tasty. Staff were pleasant. We had a little difficulty finding the hotel but that may be more a result of our GPS then the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Heartfruit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
Holiday Inn Express Belleville
Hampton Inn Detroit Belleville
Red Roof Inn Detroit Metro Airport Belleville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ann Arbor
Quality Inn & Suites Romulus
Comfort Inn & Suites University South

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!