“Two night stay”
Review of Super 8 Belleville

Super 8 Belleville
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Belleville
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The stay was wanting. I was not impressed with the odor from the room as I entered. Front desk staff was pleasant, but more staff is needed; I think the person at the front desk also did the laundry and cleaned the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super8GeneralManager, General Manager at Super 8 Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Hello Julie,
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel. I apologize about the odor of your room. I will be sure to look into this further and make sure the issue is handled promptly. I do assure you, however, that I do have enough staff at the property for all departments. I do not have a front desk staff member that does anything but run the front desk and make sure all guests are enjoying their stay. Our staff is here to serve guests with the utmost customer service levels and to ensure each guest is having an enjoyable stay. Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The staff was super nice but the bathroom was horrible. The toilet wouldn't flush on two occasions. We had to call to have it fixed at 10:30 at night both times - very inconvenient having people come to your room at that time of night. There was a bad odor coming from the bathroom sink, so we had to keep the bathroom door shut and the fan running while in the room. The bathroom light fixture took 10 minutes to come on the last day there. I had also stopped in after arriving on my red eye flight and requested an early check in, which they could not accommodate. The location was great.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel Tina. I apologize profusely about the problems you faced with your bathroom. I will be going over every issue with my maintenance technician and making sure each problem is solved. Please contact me if you would like to further discuss this situation. I apologize again, Tina. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you for your accommodation needs. Have a great day.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super8GeneralManager, General Manager at Super 8 Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I had a 3 night stay here. We had some areas of concern, the mini frig plugged into the socket that controlled the main light switch so it was turned off by the housekeeping staff (WE were trained very quickly not to touch the switch). Short of major furniture moving there was no way to fix this. "Someone" turned our A/C off and left a west facing drapes open so that where we retuned to our room after a busy afternoon our room was HOT. We had expected to have a cool room for showering and dressing for a wedding we were to attend. Our main area of concern is that our handicapped accessible room was on the second floor. Yes, there was an elevator but they are not to be used in a fire...and power outages are not unknown. We experienced significant storms during our days there. I cannot imagine a facility choosing to put guests at risk by placing them on a second floor. We were told there was no other option but this room. This hotel may not be a good option for special needs guests.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The facility was about what I expected....inexpensive but reasonably clean. When we entered our room the mini frig was dripping...it had been turned off by the housekeeper. We were instructed to leve a certain light switch on or else the frig would turn off. We were in Michigan for a wedding....and it was HOT. We left to attend some pre-wedding set up events and then back in the late afternoon for a shower and to dress. "Someone" had shut off the AC and left the west facing drapes open. The room was HOT and uncomfortable. The room was not cool or comfortable when we needed it to be...... It was cool when we returned.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super8GeneralManager, General Manager at Super 8 Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Reviewed July 2, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super8GeneralManager, General Manager at Super 8 Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
Red Roof Inn Detroit Metro Airport Belleville
Baymont Inn & Suites Belleville Airport Area
Holiday Inn Express Belleville
Hampton Inn Detroit/Belleville-Airport Area
5 mi away
Super 8 Canton/Livonia Area

Been to Super 8 Belleville? Share your experiences!