“Worst Cracker Barrel I've been in.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #4 of 72 Restaurants in Belleville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Worst Cracker Barrel I've been in.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

While in Detroit, we stayed a few nights in Belleville. Being Southern, I Love Southern food (among many others). I was raised on this stuff! I have eaten in Cracker Barrels in various states, including the first one in Lebanan, Tn. My roots are southern and I grew up eatin it all.
Now, as for this one ..... the Mrs & I loved it so well, we never went back. We were both very disappointed.
If there was my 1st introduction to Southern food, I would have been a Yankee!!
Ate in Cracker Barrels since in Tn & Alabama & they were like settin at Grandma's kitchen table in Georgia. Not the one in Belleville. Must have Yankee's cookin there!

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank StudFromLittleRock

Fort Myers, Florida
“Shaky visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Went out for dinner tonight, I had chicken and dumplings, very average, more like chicken and dumpling, sad portions, my girlfriends dad had fish, Undercooked, sad, sent it back then while myself my gf and her mom were eating his food never came back out as his was sent back to have redone. My gf got the meatloaf, that was good, her mom had a chicken dish and it was ok also, overall disappointment from my past experiences from going to cracker barrels.

Niagara Falls, NY
“Breakfast at Cracker Barrel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had stopped at this particular Cracker Barrel on the way to Ypsilanti, Michigan. Having not ever been to Cracker Barrel we didn't know what to expect. The general store in front of the restaurant is cute and you can spend time looking at all the various items that they have.

I had Uncle Hershel's breakfast and my wife did the eggs in a basket. The food was decent, and plentiful. Not a fan of the grits or the white gravy but everything else was good. The food price was reasonable for all that you received.

I'd visit again.

Owen Sound, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Holy Catfish Batman!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had to come to Michigan for a doctors appointment, and the Cracker Barrel happened to be the closest restaurant to our hotel. Having never been to one, I was shocked at how busy it was! I thought we would be waiting hours just to get a table, and was shocked it only took 30 minutes. After looking through the menu, I decided to have the Catfish. Oh My God! I have NEVER had such tender delicous catfish in my life! it melted in my mouth! And the breaded okra and turnip green sides that i got were incredible (since we are from Canada, those are sides we don't get here, and i wanted to try them). My husband said the meatloaf was extremely well done as well. The bill was very reasonable, much lower then what i would have expected to pay, and the waitress tried to return part of the tip we left her saying it was too much! Sorry, but when i experience an incredible meal, and incredible service, you are going to get a very good tip!

• Visited February 2013
Ethridge, Tennessee
“I used to come here as a child.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I came here all the time as a child. I remember having great service, amazing tasting food, lots of antique things to look at on the wall, and a great gift shop. Not to mention the chess game or the little game with the pegs at your table that can keep you and your family occupied while you wait for your food. It was always clean. The food was always priced reasonably, however the things in the gift shop (depending on what it was) was a little pricey. However, if you wanted to have a family or friend gathering and bring everyone out to eat, there's always lots of room for everyone!

• Visited March 2012