“Great food, questionable staff”
Review of Twisted Rooster

Twisted Rooster
Ranked #1 of 74 Restaurants in Belleville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Twisted Rooster is a unique casual dining concept with three locations in Grand Rapids, Belleville, and Chesterfield, Michigan. Each location is centered around their "Commit to the Mitt" philosophy- encompassing their locally sourced, scratch-made menu as well as their passion for community involvement.
Detroit, Michigan
“Great food, questionable staff”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Heard about this place for a long time and finally had the opportunity to try it out.

We dined on a Saturday evening and waiting approximately 15 minutes for a table. Not bad for a Saturday night.

Once we were seated it took our waiter about 10 minutes to greet us/take our drink order. I found the waiter to be EXTREMELY rude - while he introduced himself he was yawning and his body language showed he was less than enthused about his job.

After our drink order was placed, it took him another 10-15 minutes to bring the drinks. And after that it was another 10-15 minutes before he came back for our dinner order. At that point there were many seats around us that were vacant, so I am not sure what the hold up was.

The food was fabulous. I had the pulled pork sandwich with the slaw on the side. At first I found the pork to be a little too sweet, but once I added the slaw to the sandwich it was out of this world! I ate the whole thing! My husband got the Twisted surf and turf. He thought it was pretty good, but doubts the steak is real Kobe beef.
For dessert we got the campfire cheesecake and is perfect if you have a sweet tooth. We only had a couple of bites and took the rest home.

When we were done with our meal we didn't see our waiter for a very long time. From the time we completed our dessert to the time our check was brought out was probably 15-20 minutes.
Once the check was dropped off we immediately put our card in it and waited another 10 minutes before he came back to pick it up.

Everything we had was delicious. Their menu is so different from any other restaurant around and that is the main reason why I would like to return for another meal. The only negative part about our experience was our waiter and the time we had to wait for everything.

1 Thank travlinwiththefam
MeritageHospitality, General Manager at Twisted Rooster, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thanks for the great review in regards to our food! I want to apologize to you about the service you received at Twisted Rooster. Thank you for being understanding. I would also like to take the time to invite you back in because we can do better, and we owe you that. We hope to see you in again!

Cheers!
Tom Brady
Director of Operations

michigan
“Love this place as always”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Always great service..amazing drink list ! Food is always fresh and cooked to order...always good service. .must go in belleville

MeritageHospitality, General Manager at Twisted Rooster, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thanks for the top-notch review as always! Can't wait to have you in again!
Mississauga, Canada
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We were in Ann Arbor for a baseball tournament a couple of year's ago and had tried Twisted Rooster and I got the lobster alfredo it was the best I had in a restaurants.. We went back this year again for baseball..So I said to my husband let go back to the Twisted Rooster, but when we got there they did not have it on there menu.. So I said to the waiter do you not make it no more he said no we took it off the menu, then he said to me I will go see if we can make it for you he came back and the cook said he would.. That's what you call great customer service.. We went back the next night and had the Southwest Nachos best ever and the fish tacos.

1 Thank LoriPalo
Lori,

I'm glad to hear we were able to make the dish just for you! We love hearing what menu items our guests would like us to bring back!

Cheers!
Tom Frankovich
Canton, Michigan
“Twisted Rooster Belleville, Twisted Good!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Repeat visit today as good as our first visit. Love the "twisted nuances" to the dishes they create. Our server today was good but not exceptional and the manager on duty was seen but only showed concern for those tables (booths) that circle the dining room floor. The house twisted Mac n cheese was very good, I'm in love with the BBQ chicken quesadilla appetizer. The wine menu was simple and I thoroughly enjoyed my ice cold bottle of beer. We also ordered the fish n chips, angel hair pasta and a pasta carbonara. All were wonderful. Big miss here was that the server did not encourage through suggestion the purchase of appetizers or desserts. Good thing for management I knew I was having the quesadilla with or without the server coming to my table. Presenting the check was also more important than selling desserts. He totally missed the extra sales here as my wife and daughter were visiting with my mother in law. Whose grandmother turns down dessert for their grandchildren?
I appreciate the overall cleanliness of this establishment and also like to have the ability to glance at the big screen TV's spaced throughout but I found the music to be way too loud for the time of day (business lunches taking place and the fact that a dance floor doesn't exist).

• Visited August 2014
Thanks for taking the time to leave an overall good review! We appreciate your honesty in your constructive comments and I will be sure to relay those over to our team. We look forward to having you in again! Cheers!

Tom Frankovich
Sterling Heights
“The appetizers are delightful.”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

It took forever to get any food. We tried two appetizers and both tasty. I had the lobster mac & cheese which was decent. The "mac" wasn't the best but it was good. The cheese and lobster part good as well. It was nothing too special.

• Visited July 2014
MeritageHospitality, General Manager at Twisted Rooster, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We hope you will consider giving us another chance to serve impeccable food with uncommon hospitality. Cheers!