“Don't stay here!”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Belleville
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Don't stay here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

We recently stayed at this Red Roof to be close to Ann Arbor for our daughters graduation. What a mess - the main bed area was clean but the bathroom, external sink/counter area was filthy and the lights over the bed didn't work. We didn't have many options since we checked in quite late and every other area hotel was sold out. Certainly was not worth the $85 we spent! My recommnedation - sleep in the car it's probably cleaner!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank marrilee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The room is a deal, especially when graduation at UofM and dog show in town left few choices. Having microwave, safe, and refrigerator are great BUT ...and here's my really bad downer...I like to take a bath, not a shower. The tub looked grayish, so as I put the water in I felt the gray portions on the tub. IT was dirt, scum. At that point, I questioned the cleanliness of anything in the room. I didn't even take a shower, no way.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank marjieP
Caro, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

After leaving messages for nearly two months every other day for the manager to call me. Never got a call!

This hotel started out Great! Wonderful check in even when extremely busy, with a big dog show in town
The handicapped room was okay, nothing special the shower had little water pressure.
On the first day I tipped over my wheelchair in the parking lot went to make a report at office and the staff didn't know how, so went to my event came back to see if different office staff to leave a report and while there was the missing manager was there as well. 6hours after my accident he wanted me to call an ambulance, and had very bad broken English. He spent 1/2hr arguing with me, till I got mad and left the office.
Check out was fine.
There is a cracker barrel next door with a path but with a drop off into a puddle.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank pernema
redroof183, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Metro Airport Belleville, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review, we value all guests’ comments and reviews. We have changed most of our staff since your stay in October 2012. Here at Red Roof Inn - Belleville and all Red Roof Inns, we strive to exceed all guests’ expectations. We will look into the matters we can and resolve, but we will seek help in the ones we cannot resolve.

The puddle of water we will look into resolving that problem as soon as possible.

Again thank you for your review and have a great day!

Steven L. Woods

Travelers are raving about these Belleville hotels

Alpena
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had made reservation's a week early for a handicap first floor room, when we arrived at 7:45 that evening they wanted to put us on the second floor with no elevator. I explained that I reserved a 1st floor handicap room because my uncle is in a wheel chair. they said there had been a power outage earlier and the room was not clean! I can understand things happen but they should have checked their bookings and when the power came back on called someone to clean the room. the person behind the desk was not much help in getting me numbers for other area hotels. I ended up driving a couple of miles and found another place although they did not have a handicap room available at that late time but did have an elevator so at least we had a room and made due.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hohenwald, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had to get a place at the last minute due to truck being in shop. The friendly staff held a room for us. The room was very nice, and we experienced no issues. I would stay here again. If I could ask for one thing I suppose it would be offering a continental breakfast, as the adjacent Craker Barrel experience was dismal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Lonnie M
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We have stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Ann Arbour twice, however it was a game night and we had to keep driving. We tried this Red Roof and there was room at the Inn. We were pleased with the helpful staff, the rooms were updated and clean. Close to restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sprice18
Hoorn, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed here a night between two Tigers games. Looked for a hotel around Detroit for a while before I came across this one. Based on reviews (here and on other sites) and the more than reasonable price, I booked a room. I really have nothing negative to say. Check in was fast, the room was nice and clean, as was the bathroom. Being on my own I had more than enough towels and toiletries. The bed itself was comfortable. They don't have breakfast, but there is free coffee in the lobby and they have vending machines as well. Check out was fast too, the front desk was friendly and professional.

Access to I-94 is easy and it only takes about half an hour to get to downtown Detroit. There are more than enough restaurants in the area, Wendy's right next to the hotel is open until 1am.

All in all, I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank DAD2206
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 5 in Belleville
Holiday Inn Express Belleville
Hampton Inn Detroit Belleville
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites
Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit Metro Airport Belleville? Share your experiences!