Holiday Inn Express Belleville
$265
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstayed herevery nice stayconvenient locationcinnamon rollsyogurtself serverooms are cleanchocolate chip cookiescheck in was a breezefree hot breakfast isshuttle leavesbreakfast barpark and fly packagegeneral managerhot tubother hotelsgreat continental breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I found this hotel searching online for something near the DTW airport. I wanted a hotel with a free airport shuttle, which this hotel advertises on its website. If the shuttle service and airport access is important to you, you should know that the airport is six miles away and it takes 10-15 minutes to get to the terminal. The shuttle does not run continuously and only departs the hotel at the top of the hour. You can't reserve a more convenient time if the top of the hour doesn't work for you. If you are staying here upon arrival at the airport, you need to call for the shuttle to come get you after you arrive--they won't take a reservation for a specific arrival time. I called from the arrivals area and the desk clerk said he would send the shuttle right over. After waiting half an hour in 40-degree weather, the van still hadn't come so I called again. After another ten minutes of waiting the van finally arrived. The driver apologized and said something had gone wrong with the van and he had to go back and get another one, but it was annoying that no one called to let me know it would be late, since the desk clerk made a point of asking for my phone number when he took the original call. Other than that the hotel was clean and pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SusanBH415
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear SusanBH415,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

We are pleased you did note your accommodations were clean and comfortable. We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with the hotel shuttle. We will review with our staff to avoid similar situations in the future. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests.

Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This stay got off to a bad start. Probably just a fluke, but that didn't matter to me at 1am.

Earlier in the day, I'd made my reservation over the phone with a chipper receptionist. She seemed a little flighty, but no big deal. I called in again later to update my arrival time as being pretty late, and got a guy on the phone who said not to worry. Swing-and-a-miss...

I arrived at 12:45am, the last person to check in for the evening. The older gentleman in the lobby didn't say much, and proceeded to check me in. Handing me my keys, he sent me up to my room. When I arrived with arms full of luggage, neither of my keys worked. I went down and patiently reported my scenario. He took the keys, took a couple incoming calls, reprogrammed the keys, and followed me up just to make sure I got in. When we arrived at the door, we once again saw the red door lock lights I'd seen on my first try. Turns out someone else had been given that room, and the hotel also had been sold out (overheard while waiting for keys). DI-LEMMA.

He made some phone calls and got to the bottom of it. Apparently, the earlier guy switched someone into a different room and didn't update his records. Dar. The older fellow assured me this had never happened and was apologetic. Again, these things matter little when you've spent the last 100 miles drifting onto the shoulder thinking about a nice, comfy bed waiting for you; yet, you're waiting 20 minutes in the lobby to find out if you even have a room anymore. Fortunately, they got me squared away in the other tenant's original room.

I was on the fence about writing this review. Really, it was probably an isolated incident and the day guy just screwed up. Oh well, happens. But the meat of why I'm writing is to solidify to myself that I'm done with Belleville lodging. Some staff member at the Hampton next door stole some of my belongings last year, and now this experience at HIE. And the restaurants suck around here.

Room Tip: Sure, here's a tip: get a room that hasn't been given to someone else.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear WhatHome,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at the hotel, I would like to thank you for providing your feedback. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties. We hope that you will come back and see us again in the future so that we can provide the excellent service and accommodations that you and all of our guests deserve.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Belleville was quite nice. The room was clean and comfortable although I wish it had an easy chair to lounge in. The only negative thing I can say about the room is that the windows were badly needing a good cleaning. The breakfast in the morning was good and consisted of a diverse choice of hot and cold breakfast foods, rolls, cereals, toast, waffles, etc. I would have give this hotel a higher rating if it had a restaurant attached to it. All in all, a safe, comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Steve D,

I want to thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such important information about your recent stay. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Connie D
Case Manager

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here several years ago and it has held its age well. Rooms are clean and updated. Beds are comfortable and you can easily manipulate the temperature to meet your personal needs. Sink with microwave and mini-fridge the perfect touch that goes along with the granite countertop. Updated workout facility with lockers and showers. Distance from the airport insures peaceful tranquility.

Only negatives for me are the difficult to use card swipes and the parking layout. Unless you arrive early, you are almost assured a long trek from the back of the building through the long halls to get to the front lobby.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Jessica T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear jas849,
I apppreciate the valueable feedback that you have left us! Hearing of your pleasant stay is a delight and I am happy that the amenities our hotel offers, were to your satisfaction. I am sorry to hear that our large property was a bit of an inconvenience for you and we hope that during your next visit, we can meet your needs by placing you in a room closer to our lobby.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed in the Holiday Inn Express for 14 days and I was very pleased with the staff and the rooms. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The rooms were recently updated with new furniture and carpet. The free breakfast was excellent. The location to the Detroit Metro airport and free transportation was a good extra treat. I stay in hotels for about 18 days a month for my job and this in one of the best deals in the Detroit area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear marvinnewton,
Thank you dearly for leaving us your comments and feedback. I know that 14 days away from home can be really tough and I am so glad that your stay was enjoyable to where we could have been your "home away from home." I will be sure to let our staff know that you were very pleased with them and our rooms. It is a joy knowing you stayed at our property not to long after our update. I cannot wait to see you again in the future so we can continue meeting your every accomodation need when staying with us.