“Functional, but accommodating staff”

Holiday Inn Express Belleville
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Belleville
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Clearly, an older hotel, but nice lobby, indoor pool and clean rooms. Staff worked with us to deal with a special project we had. If you need to be in the area, this is a good place to stay. Pretty close to decent restaurants, etc.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ohtobeinsandiego
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Belleville

Reviewed April 29, 2012

I am a Plat member. Beautiful hotel lobby, nice pool area, and nicest gym i have ever seen at a holiday inn express. Steve at front desk was very accomodating at check in with my room request, even received a free upgrade.

However, instead of 4 "hot" options at breakfast, they only offered 2. Wireless internet was HORRIBLE, would lose connection constantly. I ended up using my wireless card. Not all rooms have refriderators. My Upgraded room was nice, but because it had a hot tub, they only offered a stand up shower that was barely big enough to turn around in. Very hard to shower, and get shower head to work correctly. AC also did not work, but I did not notice until my last night when it got hot. But it was so late at night, I didn't bother calling the front desk as I was checking out in a few hours.

In all it was ok, clean, but I will probably try something else north of 8 mile next time I am in Detroit.

Room Tip: Check to make sure your AC works before you unpack all your stuff.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Happyharvick
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Dear Happyharvick,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for being a Priority Club Platinum Member. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 7, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, Belleville on a park-and-fly package on February 25, 2012. We found our room and the entire hotel to be immaculate and perfectly maintained. Our room had a microwave/mini-refrigerator combination and a coffee maker. The fitness center and pool were attractive and spotless. Mr. Habib, the manager, and all the staff, from the shuttle drivers to reception, were very friendly, helpful and graciously professional. We highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express, Belleville to anyone wanting excellent accomodation presented by consummate professionals.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Larry H
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I only spent one night here on business in January. The hotel was exceptionally nice. Lobby was clean, staff friendly and helpful, chocolate chip cookies with coffee or tea available at check in. My room had a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. I even had a view of the pool and hot tub, I wish I had brought my swim suit! The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom counter top was large enough for all my things. The wireless internet was a little difficult to connect to, but once it got hooked up it worked fairly good. The fitness room was very nice, better than most, with many pieces of equipment and free weights. The best thing was that there was an available electrical outlet for my cell phone right next to the bed and night stand!! So many hotels either don't have any plugs or they're all being used by the stuff in the room. The bed and pillows were also very comfortable, equal to the Heavenly beds I've slept on at Westin hotels. The free breakfast in the morning was very good with many offerings of hot foods, rolls, breads, cereals, coffee, and juices. I was very pleased with my stay here and would stay again, thank you to the staff at Holiday Inn Express-Belleville!

Room Tip: Bring a bathing suit!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank TravelingRN04
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Stayed there for three nights. The hotel staff was very nice, the manager is very gentel and his assistance I think her name is solonge she's so unique from the head to the toe most elegant, classic and beautiful girl I have seen, she's very nice and very helpfull helped us with everything and had the all the answers for our questions! Great staff, Breakfast was great, and great employee! Definetly will stay again A++

Room Tip: Get the room to the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Doug S
Reviewed January 16, 2012

My wife and I spent the night at this hotel recenty when we missed a connecting flight out of Detroit Metro. It was the best "missed flight" experience we could have imagined. From the shuttle driver to the breakfast staff, to front-desk, nothing but courtesy and helpfulnes!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Stayed for four weeks. The hotel staff was very nice. Breakfast daily was wonderful. Rooms near the pool even on the second floor were a little noisy when kids were in there screaming. Parking is a bit cramped but there always was a spot. The room was always cleaned well every day.

Room Tip: 3rd floor on the side that the other hotel is at are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
Hampton Inn Detroit Belleville
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 5 in Belleville
Red Roof Inn Detroit Metro Airport Belleville
Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor West
Holiday Inn Express Canton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Belleville? Share your experiences!