“Nice location to stay at”

Hampton Inn Detroit Belleville
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Belleville
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This location is located near highways yet in a small town with plenty of places to shop and eat. Located away from congested traffic yet easy to get to major businesses, shoping, Detroit Metro airport and Willow Run airport.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 616Winter1

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stayed here a few times for work, I was happy with the accomidations until one night that I worked late ( I had reservations for two nights) I get to the hotel to find out that the Manager (Agatha) had cancelled my reservation, The front desk was very apologetic and knew me by name stated he did not know why my reservation was cancelled. He called the manager and she stated that i did not have a credit card on file to save my reservation ( You have to have a credit card on file in order to make the reservation) The young man gave me the last room, This was not the room I had asked for, I always stayed in the same room. I tried for 2 days for the Manager to contact me about this situation she did not. I then contacted (Corporate) Where there is a case pending. Also as I travel for work i pack lightly, two pairs of jeans were left there and of course they never found them. Still the Manager (Agatha) Never responded

Room Tip: I put service as bad due the the Manager and her very poor customer service. Even when I called corp...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Myself and about 4 dozen people were put up by the airline, after midnight. Staff was amazing and the room and breakfast were top notch. If you have to be put up for the night because of flight issues, this would be the one to go to!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Paytee
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Chose the park and ride package to the Detroit airport. The shuttle runs every 1/2 hr - which means that if you miss one, you are stuck for an hour. We reached 20mins earlier for the departure and everything was fine. The front desk guy even asked us to help ourselves with coffee if needed. Nice gesture..

Our arrival into Detroit was with 6'' of snow and frigid temps. The first shuttle arrived after 40mins. The shuttle was FULL after picking passengers from other airlines and we couldn't get in. We had to wait for the next shuttle - which took another 40mins or so. Waited almost 2hrs to get back.

The parking lot for was not snow plowed and I couldn't get the car out. It was dark and bitterly cold and with the folks offering NO HELP in the front desk. It was not an experience worth remembering after a long flight.

Bottomline & lessons learned - take a cab. These park and ride packages are not worth save a few dollars..

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jokerji
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Not a bad hotel - I just was not happy about the extremely inflated price during the Winter Classic. I understand a price increase due to demand, 15% or 25% is acceptable but 200% - come on. As a regular Hampton Inn customer I felt cheated. What made it worst is they couldn't even handle the crowds. But other than that - like I said not a bad hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed here so we could do the park and ride deal to Metro Airport. Glad we did. The young man who was at the desk was extremely helpful and pleasant. He gave us a good Resturant recommendation. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. It had been raining nonstop for 24 hours and we noticed the ledge under the window was wet. The seal was broken around the window. The desk clerk came to look himself and immediately offered to move us. We were settled in so suggested he just get some towels. It was fine and did not affect us in any way. The breakfast was excellent and I am gluten free and still had a good meal. The shuttle to the airport was right on time and our car is safe in a nice lot. Being Christmas weekend I think this young man went above and beyond making sure everyone was happy. I wish I could remember his name....his family is from the U.P. Will be staying here again. The park, stay and ride is a great deal!

Room Tip: We stayed on main floor. No problems. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mary Z
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is a very clean and very comfortable place to stay. And it is very quiet. The beds are very plush and make no noise. The only problem with staying on a weekend is when you have the time to watch the television, there's nothing on worth watching.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Charles D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
Holiday Inn Express Belleville
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 5 in Belleville
Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest
Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
Red Roof Inn Detroit Metro Airport Belleville

Been to Hampton Inn Detroit Belleville? Share your experiences!