“Poor park and ride package..”

Hampton Inn Detroit Belleville
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Belleville
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Poor park and ride package..”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Chose the park and ride package to the Detroit airport. The shuttle runs every 1/2 hr - which means that if you miss one, you are stuck for an hour. We reached 20mins earlier for the departure and everything was fine. The front desk guy even asked us to help ourselves with coffee if needed. Nice gesture..

Our arrival into Detroit was with 6'' of snow and frigid temps. The first shuttle arrived after 40mins. The shuttle was FULL after picking passengers from other airlines and we couldn't get in. We had to wait for the next shuttle - which took another 40mins or so. Waited almost 2hrs to get back.

The parking lot for was not snow plowed and I couldn't get the car out. It was dark and bitterly cold and with the folks offering NO HELP in the front desk. It was not an experience worth remembering after a long flight.

Bottomline & lessons learned - take a cab. These park and ride packages are not worth save a few dollars..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jokerji

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Not a bad hotel - I just was not happy about the extremely inflated price during the Winter Classic. I understand a price increase due to demand, 15% or 25% is acceptable but 200% - come on. As a regular Hampton Inn customer I felt cheated. What made it worst is they couldn't even handle the crowds. But other than that - like I said not a bad hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed here so we could do the park and ride deal to Metro Airport. Glad we did. The young man who was at the desk was extremely helpful and pleasant. He gave us a good Resturant recommendation. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. It had been raining nonstop for 24 hours and we noticed the ledge under the window was wet. The seal was broken around the window. The desk clerk came to look himself and immediately offered to move us. We were settled in so suggested he just get some towels. It was fine and did not affect us in any way. The breakfast was excellent and I am gluten free and still had a good meal. The shuttle to the airport was right on time and our car is safe in a nice lot. Being Christmas weekend I think this young man went above and beyond making sure everyone was happy. I wish I could remember his name....his family is from the U.P. Will be staying here again. The park, stay and ride is a great deal!

Room Tip: We stayed on main floor. No problems. Very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mary Z
Bruce Township, United States
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is a very clean and very comfortable place to stay. And it is very quiet. The beds are very plush and make no noise. The only problem with staying on a weekend is when you have the time to watch the television, there's nothing on worth watching.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Charles D
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Clean and comfortable beds. Rooms are good sized and very comfortable. Location is easy to get to off the interstate. Hampton inns are a outstanding value. We stayed here overnight on our way to the Michigan OSU game in November. Go Blue!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chip999
Wallingford, Connecticut
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The front desk staff seemed put out that I had to book a room there. I had called ahead and made a reservation from the airport when the flight was cancelled. I didn't have my luggage with me so I needed toothpaste, a tooth brush etc. they wouldn't bring it up to me, the girl at the front desk was very snotty and was very condescending. I was not greeted as a diamond member and had to ask for my complimentary snack and drink. They were very unprofessional. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Manchester, NH
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The biggest issue was the shuttle driver. We travelled to the Detroit Airport on the morning following severe wind storms. There were multiple deaths in the area resulting from this storm. On the morning of my departure, the wind gust up to 38 mph with steady wind of 26 mph. I looked it up. The driver travelled at 83 mph on the way to the airport in this top heavy passenger van. Traveling the 7 miles to the airport at 83 mph takes 5 minutes. At 65 mph, it takes 6 minutes. This driver put our lives at risk in order to save one minute. We also tailgated to the point that we could barely see the tires of the vehicle in front of us. If you have to stay here, be sure to take a cab. Do not trust the shuttle driver. The front desk attendant was also quite rude. It's too bad as the hotel was otherwise quite pleasant.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Zephirin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
Holiday Inn Express Belleville
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 5 in Belleville
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
Red Roof Inn Detroit Metro Airport Belleville
Hampton Inn Suites Detroit-Canton
Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Detroit Belleville? Share your experiences!