“Too noisy”

Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Lansing, MI
“Too noisy”
Reviewed August 8, 2007

I've been in Lulu's 3 or 4 times, although reluctantly after the first time - people who love the food drag me there. With a stone floor and tables, tin ceiling, and no carpeting or drapes, the acoustics are absolutely dreadful, making for an extremely noisy experience no matter what time of day. You have to shout to make yourself heard and that makes it worse. I'd recommend eating at the outside tables if you can. Or buy takeout.

3 Thank KTap

Bellaire Michigan
“Fine Dining in a beautiful small town”
Reviewed August 7, 2007

I have lived in Bellaire for over ten years. Antrim County and Northwest Michigan in general has a fair number of fine dining establishments. Lulu's beats most hands down on price, quality of food, preparation, and (in most cases) service. The wine selection is very good, but not overwhelming or over priced. The only complaint most people have is that the noise level can be high. However, it is my understanding that this is intentional as Chef Peterson wanted to create a Bistro atmosphere that invites conversation. If you visit from an urban area (or anywhere else for that matter), come to Lulu's. The quality beats most fine establishments in any city. For those of you from the Detroit area, a good comparison with respect to food quality is the Lark or (from what I remember after many years) The Golden Mushroom. Enjoy!

2 Thank concordantrim
illinois
“Fun fine dining in Bellaire”
Reviewed January 16, 2007

Fine dining and casual but elegant atmosphere. Excellent fondue special included main course fondue and dessert (chocolate) fondue. Three person fondue will serve 4 people. Excellent salads, too. Leisurely service. Go at 5 if you want to hit the 7 o'clock movie at the theater across the street. Best restaurant we have been to in Michigan resort areas.

2 Thank prairiemom
Detroit, Michigan
“Huge portions”
Reviewed August 13, 2006

While staying at The Grand Victorian in Bellaire we ate at LuLu's. We had a nice meal. The portions are huge. My DH and I both had large salads that were very good. I ordered the Halibut and could not believe the size of my fish. It had a lovely sundried tomato sauce that I loved. It also had a nice serving of pea pods, carrots, and potatoes on the side. My DH had flank steak and his portion was so large I thought he had the whole flank steak. We had excellent service but our table was in the bar area and there were several women without spouses having a very good time and they were very loud. Funny the next night a guest at the B&B who had just eaten at LuLu's complained about loud kids at the next table. We doubted they were as loud as the drunk ladies.

Overall, a great meal in a nice restaurant. We would definitely go there again.

3 Thank Happy_Traveller0523
East Jordan, Mi
“Save your money”
Reviewed July 19, 2006

Table littered with crumbs after being set up for new customers.
Waitress didn't know the menu.
Loud sound system which caused patrons to shout in order to be heard. Constant roar which made dining most unpleasant.
Pork tenderloin over done and served with mashed potatoes, creating a grayish to white mound in center of plate.
Smoked brisket was just braised then covered in generic red sauce. Veg side was under cooked with no taste.
Tuna was done to perfection. Five stars on this dish.
Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream was much too sweet to the point of being cloying.
This one is way over hyped, save your money.

2 Thank erp