“Simple, but Wonderful (really!)”
Review of Stone Waters Inn

Stone Waters Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Bellaire B&B and Inns
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Simple, but Wonderful (really!)”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Have stayed at this place 2 times now and both visits were relaxing. Rooms are simple, but have everything you need including a small frig. Bed was comfortable, shower was hot and the price was good. I had no problem with anything. If you have to get a free continental breakfast with your stay or need an excercise room (which you proably wouldn't use anyway), or need a resort type atmosphere...this place is not for you. It only has a handful of rooms, but they are nice and simple.

Definitely stay on the river side...you can open your windows and hear the river as you sleep. Also, upstairs rooms have deck overlooking river...great for sitting and reading and/or relaxing. I look forward to staying here again next year.

Room Tip: Stay on river side...you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Michigan
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We have been to Bellaire many times but never stayed at a motel...as we camped or stayed with local relatives....so glad we took the time to experience the Stone Waters. I have never felt so at home in a motel. It is decorated beautifully and was extremely clean and upscale. We were welcomed warmly and encouraged to take our time departing....really I could live there. We will be back! I loved being able to walk to dinner and Short's

Room Tip: Get a room in back overlooking the river
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I spent a night here for our anniversary, and it was superb from beginning to end. It wasn't until I peaked around the back of this Inn that I truly entered another place. The beautiful flowing river, a porch and grounds bedecked with gorgeous flowers, beautiful landscape, and an awesome hot tub made this a place to remember. Our room, one of the honeymoon suites (Vinyard suite?), was so lovely. And I'm telling you, that was the SOFTEST most luxurious bed I have yet stayed in to this day! To top it all of and to truly enhance the whole experience, the woman running the place that day was out-of-her-way accomodating. She really made us feel relaxed and at home, and provided us with more than we bargained for. This is my first TripAdvisor review because I couldn't let this place go without my greatest praise. We hope to return again! (Oh, and do I miss that comfortable bed!)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank amydee310
Round Lake Beach, Illinois
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The place I was going to stay at said they were 4 blocks from the Short's Brewery and when I go to Bellaire it was more like one mile. So I drove around and saw "Stone Waters Inn” I stopped and went in the guy who turned out to be the owner was very friendly and helpful and I got the last room they had. It was very nice inside and the view out the back was beautiful, Central Creek passes through the property and they have decking with a hot tub going all the way down to the side of the creek. Even though I was only there for one night I could see coming back for a long restful weekend.

The room was nice it was very hot out so I turned on the window mounted AC unit and I was cool the rest of my stay. There is a door to my room that goes to the hotel and also one going right outside to the front of the hotel which worked out well for me as the owner let me park my motorcycle in the driveway.

From this location you can walk to everything downtown and it was only 2 block to my destination and purpose of my trip there to visit the Shorts Brewery. I would without a doubt stay here again.

Room Tip: Any room on the back side would be shaded and overlook the creek
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank sjroach
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed July 2, 2012

If you're looking for a higher end resort, the Stone Waters Inn isn't for you. This is a nice, budget spot ($135 night during July 4th week) in a small town with a few restaurants, bars and shops. The hotel is located on a river that runs through Bellaire with the hotel's deck running down to the water's edge. You can easily dip your toes and relax. The rooms have decks/porches depending on the level. If you have a room in the front, your porch/deck faces the road through town. If you're in the back, you'll have views of the river. If you're in one of the rooms closest to the lobby, you'll be able to hear people in the lobby (playing pool) and on the back deck. At 1 a.m. this might be an issue depending on the guests who are also staying here. With a small hotel, you're somewhat at the mercy of those around you. The hotel could probably be a little cleaner, could probably be a little more updated, but we still found it to be a great value for a quick trip up north in Michigan during a holiday weekend. Free wifi too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stumbled upon this place on our mini honeymoon last weekend and fell in love. Great scenery, staff, and location. Spent a lot of time down by the river. Coming again soon - maybe next weekend!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband and I have spent many quick getaways to this great Inn. We live in Traverse City and Bellaire is about an hour away, and is a perfect place, year round, to unwind. Have a great dinner at Lulu's across the street, play a little pool in your lobby, soak in the hot=tub on the river. As a matter of fact, it is so nice we decided to get married there. We rened every room for our wedding night (May 12, 2012) and had a beautfiul ceremony in the Gazebo on the river, champagne toast on the deck and dinner at Lulu's. Our grown children and siblings each had their own room and we had a fabulous night and spent the whole next day lounging in the sun, fishing in the river - relaxing together. The owners and staff are extremely friendly and accommodating! Bellaire is a quaint town with lakes, golfing, hiking, river sports, Shorts Brewery, anything you could need is right there! We will be going back for years to come!

Room Tip: The suites are worth the extra cost if you are a couple!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jane B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellaire
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Traverse City
Shanty Creek Resorts - Summit Village
Torch Lake Bed & Breakfast
Torch Lake Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 4 in Central Lake

Been to Stone Waters Inn? Share your experiences!