“Outstanding beer and casual atmosphere.”

Short's Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Bellaire
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlevoix, Michigan, United States
“Outstanding beer and casual atmosphere.”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

A fun place to hang with friends. The beer is great and the pizza is fantastic! Casual and comfortable.

Michigan
“fun place for a fancy beer and fun”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Had a blast trying some unusual beers - a little snack and some fun times with friends. Not your sit-down type of dinner if thats what you want. Put your order in at the cashier and then sit down with a number. They bring your food to the table. Fun place to try while on vacation.

Visited March 2013
Michigan
“Great beer, great food and fun atmosphere”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Humaloopalicious beer is great! They have over 15 beers on the menu and it seems like it changes every couple weeks. Great selection and nice to be ale to try new creations. The food is excellent, GREAT PIZZA, and they have live entertainment on their stage. I sure wish I could get one of those coveted mugs to hang on their wall and join their club.. Maybe some day. Excellent pub, excellent beers, its a must visit!

Visited February 2013
Traverse City, Michigan
“Great!!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The sandwiches are amazing so is the mac and cheese!!!! The sandwiches are huge but sooo good! Great beer!!! The atmosphere is really nice too!! The staff is nice!

Visited March 2013
BoyneCity, MI
“Great Experience”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

After trying the Local Shorts beer at a different resturant it inspired me to visit the location that actually made this great beer. After setting up the GPS we found this place down a winding road tucked 10 minutes off a M66 in Bellaire, Michigan. Cute little town with this bustling place called Shorts Brewing. We had no idea it was going to be packed to the gills on a Saturday night before 6pm. As we entered into the establishment we weren't quite sure if we should seat ourselves or what so I asked a very busy waitress and she said grab a table when one becomes available. Alrighty now, my husband looked at me with those eyes, you know what I'm talking about ladies. So we wandered into the ajoining room and a couple stood up to leave and I told my husband this is it, have a seat. Sitting elbow to elbow you have no choice but to socialize with the people next to you as we did. The people on one side of us looked like they knew what they were doing so I asked them, how this this work? She said get in line at the desk and grab a beer and place your food order, she said they'll deliver the food to you when its ready. So off we headed leaving our coats on the chair so we didn't loose our seating. We weren't sure if we wanted to taste a beer something other than what drew us to this place. The giant wall size chalkboard had a list a mile long of beers they made. The gal asked if we wanted to taste a few and we did. Sticking with what we came in for we ordered the Local and placed an order for one of their specialty pizzas of the night. It was very delicious topped with bannana peppers, ham, and pineapple for $17.00. A band on stage was setting up as we ate our pizza and talked with the people around us. I guess they have bands there all the time, only its up to the audience to pay them by dropping money in a jug on stage. I made sure we dropped a five into it cause not many people had been receptive to the idea. I know how hard it is to make a living up here in God's country. Over the evening we meet 3 different familes that had a common denominator of knowing the same people or places. We can't wait to go back before the summer begins. I guess the lines wrap around the city block to get in during summer months, holey cow! Ohh and the best part the owner is very attentive to his business, he was actually sweeping the floors around us. He paused for a picture with the family that sat about us. Thats true dedication to your business. Visit us in PURE MICHIGAN....

• Visited February 2013