“A "must" visit”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Toy Museum
Reviewed June 25, 2012

You'll come away with a wonderful collection of items for your kids or grandkids. The store is unusual to say the least... and fun to visit. Larger folks (tall/big) may find it a bit tight to walk around, but well worth the visit.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

The Toy Museum isn't really a museum, although their are a few antique and vintage toys on display, but it IS a fantastic place for children to shop for inexpensive, imaginative, and fun toys. Mary, the owner, is the Big Kid in the shop and knows what little toys and trinkets will cause children to wiggle with delight. Even those on the most modest budget will find something to bring home. But hold on...The Toy Museum doesn't just contain things for children...Adults will find their own treature trove in the wee building behind the Muesem. It's here, where Mary offers her artistic creations of the past winter, for sale. Mary is one of the most imaginative of artists...working in watercolors, photographs, glass, and mixed media... each Spring island folk flock to see what she's been up to all winter. Her work is always unique and affordable. Don't miss this Beaver Island treasure!

Reviewed April 11, 2012

The toy museum is visited every year by my kids and often more than once. Its a store packed full of cheap little treasures.If you have kids or even if you don't I highly recommend visiting this store.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

This Toy Museum was high on our list to see when visiting BI recently. It is located about 3/4 of a mile from the ferry dock on the main street. Parking is on the street, and sometimes the place is so busy, you simply have to come back if you want to find some space in the small museum/store so your visit will be more pleasurable. There are two dirt paths leading up to the museum, set back from the road, in the trees. Free.

This is a combo museum/store. Mary owns it and she is a gem, and thus the 5 star rating. Any child will find her delightful and so will their parents, and anyone who has a moment to speak with her. Her passion for children, art, and antique toys is obvious. Though I only had a few minutes with her, I came away feeling happy I got a chance to meet her and visit her shop.

There are a number of antique toys in her store, most up high on shelves. Lots of fire engines, trucks etc. She has old time toys that you can purchase from your childhood-mostly small items. It is fun to look around and try and find something you want, or catches your interest, even if you have no plans on buying. There are also art supplies to be had here, or she will get them for you.

I guess the 3 rating should be a 4, but the way the items are displayed are confusing. Things are hard to find, and I felt I should just glance at the items-since the place was so busy, so I am sure I missed many things on my explorations. Plus, I thought there would be more "museum" to this than "store." I know my opinion will not be popular, but that is my honest opinion. To each their own. I highly do recommend a visit here, as I am sure many people might just find what "they" are looking for.

No A/C. Fans. Can get mighty hot and stuffy in there.

2  Thank tymetraveler222