“Not up to snuff”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Bay City
Ontario, Canada
“Not up to snuff”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We arrived after 4pm after a day of driving, having a reservation. The clerk was put out. I had to spell my name twice and then was informed that no room was ready.
The Place has a 3pm check in time. " We were busy last night "was the answer. I am a silvermember, staying on points. and check in usually is easy with all the paper work already done and a room ready.After some punching on the computer and running around she cut us keys, then said she had to check the room to make sure it was clean. She came back, saying she was told to give us a "Better room". The room was standard. We were not told were the elevator was, but had to go looking for it. Once in the room I walked around the bed to the night stand and banged my leg against a piece of bedframe that was sticking out. I put a pillow over it to prevent further injuires. The bath tub is very shallow and the water runs very slow, it took forever to get the water for a half bath. They have a very shallow pool, no hot tub. The room was very cold on arrival and it took a long time to warm up with a very noisy heater. At 8pm noise and vibration from downstairs, and again at 2am, woke us up from our sleep. No reason given, "it is the first time I hear of this" when I asked. Breakfast was not that great, the only fruit were apples, the turkey ham or whatever the meat was had run out and not refilled. The location was ok, next to the mall and Walmart, but it is several miles from I75 and I would not stay again

Room Tip: We had room 216, it had vibrations and lot of noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elisabetd
Judi M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Bay City, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn Bay City.

You indicated in your response that the check in process with us unsatisfactory as well as some of the things in your guest room. I am truly sorry for the inconveniences you had during your visit with us. I have addressed these issues with my Front Desk staff as well as the Maintenance Engineer. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued Marriott Rewards member; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. Again I am truly sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Stephanie Maxwell
Assistant General Manager
Fairfield Inn
stephanie.maxwell@pillarhotels.com
989-667-7050

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
ontario
Reviewed February 18, 2014

This was what you would expect. The staff were pleasant. The bed was comfortable and the room was reasonably clean. The breakfast was a very typical self serve. The heating unit was effective and not too noisy.
There is a large mall across the street and so if you are interested in shopping this would be a good location. We did not use the pool.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor. It was quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Judi M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Bay City, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay here at our hotel. We are delighted that your stay with the Fairfield Inn Bay City was enjoyable.

Have a WONDERFUL week,

JUDI MCCULLOH
Fairfield Inn
judi.mcculloh@pillarhotels.com
989-667-7050
Colleyville, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is an old hotel and could do with a facelift but our room was beautifully clean and the staff were super friendly. Breakfast was included in the room rate so we weren't expecting much but were pleasantly surprised - it was good. The lady in charge of the dining room obviously loves her job and is very good at it. Only problem is that she is very loud and a bit much in the early morning. Also she removed our plates almost before we had finished the last mouthful. Other than that, it was a good overnight stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Erica F
Judi M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Bay City, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Good Morning! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay here at the Fairfield Inn, Bay City. I'm glad to hear that your guest room and the Staff helped make your stay enjoyable, and that breakfast was a bonus! I will definitely share all comments with my staff, we strive to live ALL Fairfield Inn Promises.

Thank You and we hope to see you again in the future!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The rooms smell. I would guess it was not always smoke free. The hallways are dirty. The rooms are generally in poor repair. We were in town for a week and had different rooms. Some were dirty behind and under the bed. Another had fixtures in poor condition. The accessible room bad mildew on the fold down seat-- it was disgusting. For a few dollars we should have stayed at the DoubleTree in downtown. Our last night the Fairfield was sold out so we had to move to the Doubletree. World of difference for less than $40. Until they upgrade the site, stay away.

( The staff was very nice and accommodating, but the nicest people can't make up for a poor product. Marriott should yank their name.

Room Tip: choose another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Judi M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Bay City, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear GoBlueInGA,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at our hotel. We truly appreciate all feedback and I am very sorry your stay was anything but perfect! I have shared the comments with all the staff and we will work to improve in all ways. I am very happy to hear that the staff was pleasant.

Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This experience was very good. The rooms were reasonable, clean, and the beds were comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They took the time to take a picture of my friends and I , provided us directions to our destination and greeted us warmly every time we came or went.

Room Tip: From the main road it was hidden back, we had to go through the mall parking lot to find it. This i...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Murph2121,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review on your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate all of the very nice comments about the staff, I will be more then happy to pass the comments along to them. Glad the picture turned out nice!

Thank you again for the positive feedback and we hope we will be able to serve you in the future.

North Port, Florida
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stay at quite a few Fairfield Inn's and this one is fairly typical. Friendly and efficient staff. Clean room and comfortable bed. Good location. My only reason for the "poor" rating was the free breakfast. From our travels we pretty much know what to expect. This was not it. The scrambled eggs were cold, the fruit was still frozen and the turkey sausage patties not only looked horrible, they tasted even worse! The breakfast really needs some attention.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Judi M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Bay City, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear SWJ00,

Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate all of the comments about the staff. I am truly sorry about the issues you encountered with breakfast. We will definately find out what happened with the eggs and the sausage to make sure that does not happen again.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us feedback and we hope we will be able to serve you in the future.

Joanna Schofield
Task Force GM
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed August 13, 2013

would have given a better rating if the water pressure in the bathroom would have been better. clean rooms and helpful staff. traveling through on motorcycles and was glad we had chosen this hotel. close to many newer clean restraunts was also helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Joanne L, Manager at Fairfield Inn Bay City, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear wvtireman,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am so happy that you had a great experience with our staff and enjoyed the location. I will share your concerns about the water pressure with our maintenance engineer so that we can search for a solution.

Thank you again for choosing the Fairfield Inn Bay City and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Joanna Schofield