Fairfield Inn Bay City
$100
$99
$162
$147
Comfort Inn Bay City-Riverfront(Bay City)(Great Value!)
$98
$84
Courtyard Bay City(Bay City)
$105
$50
Delta Motel(Bay City)
$61
$49
All reviewsbreakfast hostessfront deskray of sunshineroom was cleanone nightpattieslarge mallexceptional customer servicemotorcycle tripcontinental breakfastwafflesthird floorcommon areaseach morningvery nice place to staywill stay there againa wonderful stay
Reviewed August 13, 2013

would have given a better rating if the water pressure in the bathroom would have been better. clean rooms and helpful staff. traveling through on motorcycles and was glad we had chosen this hotel. close to many newer clean restraunts was also helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Joanne L, Manager at Fairfield Inn Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear wvtireman,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am so happy that you had a great experience with our staff and enjoyed the location. I will share your concerns about the water pressure with our maintenance engineer so that we can search for a solution.

Thank you again for choosing the Fairfield Inn Bay City and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Lobby was clean. Has clean. Room clean. But bathroom had an awful caulk job on the tub. Mold under soap dish. Bathroom remodel was slip-shot at best. I expected more from a Marriott property.
Seems a shame since everything else was good.
Beds were comfortable and pillows were fantastic. I slept like a rock!

Room Tip: Nice place.. except for our bathroom, which had a bad remodel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dean R
Joanne L, Manager at Fairfield Inn Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Dean R.,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at our hotel. We truly appreciate all feedback and I am sorry your stay was anything but perfect! I have shared the comments about the bathroom with our maintenance engineer to ensure these items are resolved.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Got a room for this hotel on priceline for a decent price for a weekend night.. It was a pretty decent hotel. I've seen nicer, and I've seen worse.. Nothing bad about it though. The room was just an average room, maybe a little below for being a Mariott owned hotel. The bed was just okay, I prefer soft. The A/C was so-so as well. The free breakfast was nice. They had breakfast sandwich's that you could warm up for on the go which was very nice. The hot-tub was covered up .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Colesc15,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at our hotel. We truly appreciate all feedback and I am sorry your stay was anything but perfect! I have shared the comments with the staff and we will work to improve in all ways. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is not what I would have expected from a Marriott-run property. The room was adequate, seemingly clean. The bed was soft, I prefer something harder. If you are wanting a small refrigerator or microwave, you will still be wanting.........at least my room did not have one.

The desk clerk was pleasant and efficient.

The indoor swimming pool must have been nice as several people were using it.

There is a computer in the lobby for hotel guest use.

Otherwise, there is not much special about this hotel.

Room Tip: look elsewhere if you desire amenities
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Gold-Vintner,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at our hotel. We truly appreciate all feedback and I am sorry your stay was anything but perfect! I have shared the comments with the staff and we will work to improve in all ways. I am very happy to hear that the staff was pleasant.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I got a Priceline deal, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

The good:
Friendly staff.
Decent, yet typical free breakfast.
Nice location near the Bay City Mall.
Quiet, safe, clean.
Small fridge, microwave, etc.

The bad:
The rooms are average, maybe a bit below what I expect from the Marriott chain.
I could not get the heat adjusted to my satisfaction, even when I opted to use the air conditioning.
Hallways are dingy--broken storage door, hallways littered with little bits and pieces of paper. Not a huge amount of litter, but it was the first thing I noticed.

So, overall, it's a decent place to stay, but I would avoid paying more than about $70 per night. I paid $59 with a Priceline deal.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Beth1961