“Terrible Hostess/Management, Waiting and Waiting, then some more Waiting! Be ready to Wait and then wait some more!”
Review of UNO Chicago Grill

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Midland
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Waiting and Waiting, then some more Waiting! Be ready to Wait and then wait some more! Food quality and prices are not worth the wait, try any other resturant nearby.

My family and I went to your Bay City UNO's location for dinner, we arrived at 6:15 and was advised by the hostess there was a 20-25 minute wait and handed us a waiting buzzer. We sat within 15 feet of the hostess station, in direct sight, and the amount of people waiting was large so we expected to wait the maximum time if not a bit longer. But after we started to notice customers being seated that arrived after us, I approached the hostess and asked where we were on the list. The hostess had 5 sheets with a majority of the names crossed out, including ours. At this time we had been waiting for 45 minutes. I asked the hostess why our name was crossed off and she said it must have been because our buzzer was broken. I advised her that her and the other hostess were announcing names along with buzzing the buzzers and our name was not announced. During this discussion, she did apologize for not calling our name, but was still seating other customers. The hostess put us at the next table and advised she would have her manager come over and accommodate us for our incontinence.

Then when we were at our table, we felt as though we were waiting for a longer than expected time for our server to approach our table and take our drink order. The server was not as prompt as we would expect, we had a few times when our drinks were gone and we had to ask for refills when she was at our table.

Our table location was in the middle of the restaurant, not near an exterior wall and it was very cold and drafty which lead to an uncomfortable environment for my family to have dinner.

My family consist of 2 young children, and both do well at restaurants, but our youngest (1-1/2) did not do well since we had a lot of waiting (45+ minutes to be seated and 10-15 minutes before we ordered our food after we got our table). We also had a longer than preferred wait time to get our food, my older daughter ordered a make her own pizza, and that was not delivered until 10 minutes after we placed our order, then our food did not arrive until about 20-25 minutes after we ordered. And by that time our youngest daughter was crying and uncomfortable. The server never apologized for the wait on the food, and we also had to ask for refills during this time.

The food did arrive hot/warm and was cooked correctly, once the food arrived our kids settled down and enjoyed dinner. Then during dinner we again had to ask our server for refills when she was at our table. The only downfall to your food is the price, for the basic food we ordered the price is above what we expected and also the kids meals did not include beverages.

We never seen a manager the entire time while at the restaurant, nor did anyone ask us how everything was after our meal so we had no other opportunity to address our concerns. I felt as though I addressed our concern to the hostess and she assured me that a manager would accommodate us for the mistake on their part. When leaving I requested from the hostess the name of the manager on duty and she said it was Aliciee, but never asked why or if she could get her for me at that point in time.

I am a contributor of Trip Advisor and I will be giving this location a 1 star rating due to the poor management, poor atmosphere, poor staff, with just an average menu with inflated prices for basic food and beverages. We live in a nearby town that has many restaurants, but thought it would be nice to go to UNO’s for a change in environment and service. We did receive a change, but both were sub-par and we will no longer dine at this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013

Midland, Michigan
“A Good Pizzeria Uno”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a decent Uno. I had the 3-cheese mac & cheese and it just wasn't very cheesy. The sauce was a bland white sauce, similar to Alfredo sauce but less rich. There was supposed to be cheddar in the sauce, but if there was there sure wasn't much. The individual pizzas are quite good and I'm a fan of the farro salad. My wife likes the sirloin, but we haven't tried most of the dishes. I just found the mac & cheese to be quite disappointing.

• Visited February 2013
Auburn, Michigan
“A Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was the first time that our family had come here for anything other than their deep-dish pizza (which is always good). Two of us had a version of salmon, two of us had a version of chicken and one had steak (with a small pizza to go). The salmon and chicken dishes were superb, by far beating out the majority of the competition in the Tri-City area. The steak was just okay but not a disappointment. Craft beer was good (from a local brewery) and the service was impeccable. No more need be said. I highly recommend this particular restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
Bay City, Michigan
“Decent food”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Decent food at a respectable price. Nothing to complain about, but nothing to crow about either. They got my order right the first time.

• Visited July 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Wish I could give this place 6 stars”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stopped here for dinner on our way back home from Mackinaw City. We ordered a deep dish jambalaya pizza and a steak chimichuri. Service was above and beyond our expectations. About 5 minutes after ordering our meals, the waiter approached us to let us know that the Chimichuri would take a little longer to be served. We were fine with that and appreciated the immediate feedback. Much to our surprise, the waiter asked us if he could serve us a complementary appetizer while we waited.
We had our appetizer and the main course was served within reasonable time - no more than 5 extra minutes than we usually wait. The dinner itself was incredibly delicious. The pizza was cooked perfectly with a nice crispy crust; the chimichuri was equally good.
After our satisfying dinner our waiter surprised us again by asking if we would like some complementary dessert. We were fairly full from our meal so we split a mini dessert which was yummy.

The service staff was considerate, friendly, welcoming, and professional. We have eaten at some very fancy and expensive restaurants but none have come close to the exceptional service we received here at UNO Chicago Grill in Bay City.

• Visited August 2012