“do the steak sandwich”

Grampa Tony's Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 182 Restaurants in Bay City
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed April 14, 2012

try the pizza........try the banana split (careful though...they make it Italian, you want traditional American? No problem! Otherwise they make it with Pistachio icecream in it......not my fav...but I learned! And it's HUGE! omg did I mention the onion rings???? One of the Best!!

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Grampa Tony's is not on the regular tourist routes, but it is well worth finding if you're traveling in Bay City, Michigan. The menu is more than just Italian food, there are many choices for the whole family. The food was excellent, the service was excellent and the prices were very reasonable. You will be taking home leftovers home as the servings are very generous.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

Last nights grinder sandwich was excellent, they have daily specials and enough variety to tempt your taste buds. We really should order pie first because its so good, but we are usually to full to order it, good thing they will sell you a whole pie, or cookies to go....yum

Reviewed August 26, 2011

I went with friends & really did not expect to like the place. Probably because it has that diner vibe. The vinyl booths, the plasic bread baskets, the whole shabang. The food is good though. I ordered a simple pasta & it was perfect. The sauce was clearly made from scratch. The fried calamari were excellent! I travel on business and eat out alot. I am a food snob. The calamari alone make this place worth the drive.

Reviewed February 27, 2010

Went to Grampa Tony's tonight after Mass at St. Stans. It's been 25 years since I've been there, I'm not certain anything has changed. It's a store and restaurant, the restaurant feels a bit like a cafeteria. Waitress was attentive, but seemed a bit peeved about something.
Wife ordered the manicotti, not bad, but small portion. I had a small, house pizza, again fair. Crust was not the best, but not the worst. Son had Fish and Chips (Fries), Fries were good, fish (Cod) was a bit greasy, but had a good taste. Daughter had the burger from the kid's menu, very nice serving and good burger, she ate it all.

The menu is actually quite extensive, mostly comfort food but lots of choices.

Overall, not bad for the price. The atmosphere is lacking, but fits with the area. I should have went with the liver, next time I'll give it a try.