“Original Red Sauce”

A & W Drive In All-American Food
Ranked #110 of 180 Restaurants in Bay City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 14, 2013

For starters I have eaten here for over forty years. This A&W is one of the few in the chain that still use the Original Red Sauce and not the cheaper sauce that A&W tried to force them to use but they could not do to a ironclad contract(they cannot renovate the building). This Drive in has declined in the recent years , the coney dogs have gotten smaller but they are still delicious ,their hamburgers are excellent,and their Root Beer is the Best on the Planet.

There are newer reviews for A & W Drive In All-American Food

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I always go here on Memorial Day after I visit the cemetaries. I have a big glass a root beer. Best root beer ever. They are open summer months only. They also make their own chili; they don't use the A&W brand chili. (According to the newspaper, Corporate recently gigged them on this, but gave them outstanding marks in everything else.)

The only problem I have is that there are only 9 seats in the restaurant; all bar stools. sometimes these are all taken. They have the usual A&W car service with the call-in boxes. no roller skates for the waitresses, however.

1  Thank PAUL8539
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Every time my family and I come into A&W in Bay City, MI the employees and managers there are very friendly. I am always greeted at the door, during the meal asked for refills and how the food is, and upon leaving there never has been a time where there was not a "have a wonderful day" being said as we left. I have been going to this restaurant for about a year now and absolutely know I will be returning every season. They are also fast, taking in the consideration they cook their food fresh unlike many restaurants. I would rate this restaurant an overall 5 out of 5.

1  Thank JamesD75
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 9, 2008

Cheap, quick and tasty. Great hot dogs and coneys.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook