“Perch, perch, perch...”

Cuisines: Seafood
Midland, Michigan
“Perch, perch, perch...”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

By far the best lake perch in the Bay region. Friday is the best day, but be prepared to wait for seating in the evening. Lunch deal is terrific. Potato salad is eggy and very good. Cole slaw is also tasty. Atmosphere is not the draw - it's the perch.

2 Thank Richard M

Saginaw, Michigan, United States
“My favorite place for fish.”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Everything is homemade and it is deliscious. I Love the fish both deep fried and grillled. The potato salad is like made at home. Combination plates re an added feature for those of us that can't decide.

Visited July 2012
bay city, mi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT HOME COOKIN'!!!”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I had not been to Oasis Lounge in years, but remembered that it was a great place for home made, comfort food, like Grandma used to make. I was really hoping that it was still open and running strong. Well, I went there today and was sooooooo happy to know that they have the same GREAT perch dinners, same GREAT salad bar & buffet, and everything was absolutely delicious!

I had a tossed salad from the salad bar. They make their own ranch dressing, which was very yummmmmy. They also have the best tartar sauce I have every tasted. It has to be homemade, because there can't be anything in a bottle that tastes that good! OMG!!! I was a happy camper eating my very, very scrumptious perch dinner at Oasis Lounge. No grease, all white flaky meat, crispy battered perch! To die for! I got hash browns with my dinner and they filled one half of my plate, heaped in a pile, way too much for me to eat. They gave me a very generous portion of perch, too. You can't beat the price, either. It was like $10.00 or something. VERY REASONABLE!

I got my daughter some mashed potatoes, stuffing, & gravy from the buffet and that very picky kid ate like a piggy! She LOVED IT! It was all homemade, delicious food.

I thought they could use some background music to kind of set the mood for dining. Music also helps buffer the sound of the kitchen & bar and, in general, gives people a better dining experience.
I found the staff to be friendly and accomodating.
I definately will go there again and I hope it's not TOO PACKED to that I can get beat the rush!

The whole experience was CRAZY GOOD! Do yourself a favor and drop on down to the OooooASIS!
-Christi from the West Side of Town

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank christi s
Independence, Kentucky
“Great Sea Food, great prices.”
Reviewed December 12, 2010

This is an old style Bar/ Restaurant in the Polish area of the city. The food is great, good service, and a family style atmosphere. This furnishing are not new, but the food is great. One few places you can get local lake perch.

3 Thank MJ21