“Pretty nice.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Gaylord, Michigan
“Pretty nice.”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I had our very small wedding "reception" here. We got there a little early with our party of 14, but they had our table ready and water out for us. Within a few moments someone was getting our drink orders, and a few minutes after that the appetizers we had ordered were set out nicely on silver trays. We were very pleased with them. All the dinner orders were taken and we got our food in a decent ammount of time. There were two orders that showed up a little late but no one was too upset about it. All in all the drinks were great and the food was very good. My dad & My husband and I split the bill and I was happily surprized by how affordable it was. We're going to go back and make it a tradition for our wedding anniversaries.

Glacier National Park, Montana
“Pretty & Pleasant”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We enjoyed our visit to the Atrium. Like most "nice" places, it was expensive but not more than we expected. Service was prompt (but the restaurant was mostly empty!) and our waiter was knowledgeable & friendly. Nice, but not exceptional but had some interesting & different choices on the menu.

• Visited September 2011
Pinconning, Michigan
“Good Sunday brunch”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

My family and I go for the Sunday brunch. It is more expensive, but the food is very good. Each family member has something they really enjoy. The roast beef is fantastic. The salad and dessert selection is usually impressive. There are also pancakes that can be made fresh. That being said, I would always suggest looking at the options before digging in. Every once in a while, the food selections are more disappointing. One weekend, the dessert selection was nonexistent. A few other times, the lunch options have also been less exciting.

• Visited August 2011
“You can do much better for much cheaper”
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I concur with the previous review. We were there on the same night and the service was outragously terrible. The food was a mixed bag at our table- some enjoyed their meals while others didn't. We sat with our salads without silverware almost until our entrees arrived. Their excuse was that they didn't have enough. I had a frank discussion with our waitress stating that although I didn't feel it was her fault due to the fact that they were way overbooked, the service was not acceptable. I asked to talk to the manager about a discount on our food. She proceed to argue with me and I had to cut her off and insist to talk to a manager. They sent a busboy over who didn't resolve anything for us. The additude of the staff was not apologetic at all, just "it's not our fault!" A sincere apology offered upfront would have gone a long way. There was a total lack of customer service skills at this establishment. There are much better restaurants that are a much better value within walking distance of this place, so move on if you come across it.

Clio, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“overpriced bad food bad service”
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Want to feel ripped off - go to the Atrium. Not only is the food bad and incredibly overpriced for what you get, the service is deplorable. We arrived at 6:10 pm, was immediately seated as there was only about three other tables occupied at the time of arrival. nearly an hour later we still had not received a portion of the food we were suppose to get. Tired of waiting we asked for our check. We had to ask for our check three more times during the next 25 minutes. Finally at 7:30 the waitress brought the check and we immediately gave her our credit card because we didn't want to wait another ridiculous amount of time to get out of there. After waiting more than 10 minutes for the waitress to come back with our credit card we ended up having to go up to the hostess station and demanding our card back and the bill to sign. We had to wait another 5 minutes at the station before she rang us up.
We were extremely disappointed with the food. My meal, which cost $23 was not remotely close to worth the price. The salad, which consisted of a small bowl of iceberg lettuce, about a quarter cup of very poor quality shredded cheese, one black olive and one cherry tomato was shocking offering for a supposed 'high class' restaurant . My entree' had approximately three bites of lobster, three mussels, and three clams that were practically just shells, all on a bed of yellow rice that tasted as if it came from a Rice-a-Roni box, with a few green pea thrown in. The meal was suppose to come with bread and herb butter, which I can't tell you how this tasted as we never received in the nearly two hours we wasted our time and money in this establishment. According to the waitress the bread was still in the oven every time we asked about it.
The fact that the table where we were seated was not level and rocked back and forth during the meal may seem like a minor point, but in light of the image the restaurant seems to be trying to project - noted most predominately in their over zealous pricing - is just another 'heads up' this restaurant is more pretentious than good.
While were were there we heard grumblings from other tables similar to our complaints. One party of four had the intelligence to walk out after waiting 20 minutes just to order.
To all that we were put through, and the fact we didn't even get our entire order the hostess and the woman who seemed to be the manager simply said sorry in a rather non-nonchalant manner.
We travel all over the US for business. Eat out frequently and very much enjoy having what we consider to be gourmet cuisine, and we don't mind paying the price for it. The Atrium was some of the worst food for the price we've ever hand.

• Visited June 2011