“Local upscale place to be”

Old City Hall Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 173 Restaurants in Bay City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brighton, Michigan, United States
“Local upscale place to be”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Great atmosphere. Tuesday nights wine is half off if you eat in the bar. It is quite crowded and busy. Staff is well trained. Food is fabulous. Lots of Michigan made Beer available. WIne is great. I don't recommend sitting near the door on cold days!

Visited March 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“Great food, great craft beer list”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

A favorite stop off when taking trips to & from "Up North". Excellent food, service, and a great list of mostly Michigan craft beers. I had the chicken and artichoke entree, with the creamy tomato basil soup. Both were yummy. My wife, the vegetarian, had the shrimp and tofu pad thai, sans shrimp, and enjoyed it also. We sipped on Midland Brewing Company Copper Harbor Ales, which complimented the food nicely, but also stand alone well.

A very popular place, as while we sat in the bar enjoying an early dinner, we saw dozens of locals coming in for Saturday dinner. A good sign of a great restaurant!

• Visited March 2013
“Tuesdays!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My favorite lunch menu, great specials. Tomato soup is wonderful. Tuesday is half off wine day. Rose the bartender is the best. Great historic location.

Visited July 2012
Minot, North Dakota
“Don't think I'd eat here again”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I went here with another couple and I wasn't that impressed. I didn't think the décor was anything special. I don't really mind that as long as the food is really good, but the food was nothing to write home about. They have a limited menu, so don't go here if you like lots of variety. All four of us got something different and although none of the food was bad, it just wasn't great and with the prices this restaurant charges, I feel like the food should be great. One outstanding thing I did notice was the staff. Our waitress did an excellent job.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank MichiganKatura
Vassar, Michigan
“One of my favorites!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The food, atmosphere and the wine selection was spectacular. I recommend this restaurant to all my friends.

Visited November 2012