“Bay City DoubleTree”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Bay City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stay at this hotel frequently on business. It could be a very good hotel with a little TLC. The rooms are clean and the staff courteous, but the restaurant is pretty average and the rooms all seem a bit tattered.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 8, 2013

First time ever we stayed at Double Tree property. Hotel is absolutely average, nothing exceptional in any way or in any department. I consider it over rated. However, here's the kicker - after check out, I find my car (Das Auto!!) is dead and I need a boost. I carry cables and other emergency supplies, (I used to be a Boy Scout OK), but the hotel maintenance guy refused to help. Now I understand that newer vehicles with their computer systems etc can be tricky and easily damaged, I get that, but I was offered NO help of any kind, NO can I call AAA, or a tow truck, or the dealer, just NOTHING in the way of help for a senior in difficulty. Only thanks to a helpful hungover wedding guest did I get the boost I needed and continued on my way, only to have the same problem the following morning at Baymont in Mackinaw City. Please see my review for a great example of how it SHOULD be done!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tosh2
LeslieThompson, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Tosh2
I am so sorry you did not have a great experience at our hotel. We do find ourselves in a bit of a predicament with jumping guests vehicles since we do not have automotive experts on our staff and a lot could go wrong. We would never want to be responsible for making a bad situation worse by helping a guest out with a problem with their vehicle and causing more damage. Our staff is trained to help in every way they can which does include calling AAA or a local tow company or whatever service the guest needs to assist them. I am shocked that it was not offered to you and will follow up with our Front Desk and Maintenance Departments to make sure all are aware of that standard. Thank you so much for taking some time to write your review, we consider all feedback a gift regardless of whether it is positive or negative. Please feel free to contact me to speak further on the matter if you would like- Leslie.Thompson@hilton.com 989-460-1702 direct.

A TripAdvisor Member
Woodstock, Georgia, USA
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Drain in sink did not work. Major problem with billing correctly. I was to pay 1/2 of a private room. Bill was incorrect, incorrect charges to my account. Was issued a new bill but charges did not match. Happened to all other participants in my group. found front office was not very apologetic, saying computer glitch.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
LeslieThompson, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for your feedback- I did research your complaint and indeed verified that your group had billing issues that were corrected but caused some inconveniences. I do apologize and relayed your comments to our front desk team. We don't expect that issue to come up again. Our Front Desk Manager, Wendy, stated that her staff did everything they could to make it right to everyone in your group prior to departure. It sounds like you did not feel your received the care and empathy you deserved. Please allow me to help in any way I can on your next visit by calling me or emailing me prior to your arrival so I am aware. I can be reached at Leslie.Thompson@hilton.com or 989-460-1702. I would be happy to make sure your room is perfect and your billing is error free!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The service was excellent and the food was great. This was a meeting of 150 people and everything was on time and ran more smoothly than most functions I have attended. Check in and out was quick and easy.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed at the Doubletree by Hilton in Bay City during a work conference in September 2013. Our room was spacious, clean, quiet (6th floor at end of hall) and the bedding was extremely comfortable. Nice river-front views from some of the rooms and hotel areas and walking distance to Bay City shops and restaurants. Food was very good. We visited the Riverfront Grille Lounge for drinks one evening and the service was excellent (Samantha was our bartender) and the front desk staff was very pleasant and friendly. This is our second stay at Doubletree by Hilton in Bay City, and we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Upper floors with river view at end of hall. There were weddings over the weekend, but our room was...
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed on the 6th floor overlooking the river. Wonderful room with FABULOUS linens and pillows. Huge bathroom...I think it was handicap accessible. Highlight hotel after a few nights on the road where the rooms were less than great. Wonderful location and beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Exceptional facilities and staff! All of the amenities were exceptional and staff go out of their way to make the weekend conference a success for all in attendance. This was my personal 9th trip to the same hotel for the same conference and each year there are updates to window treatments, bedding, carpet or some other aspect. Great job by all.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bay City
Fairfield Inn Bay City
Fairfield Inn Bay City
#6 of 14 in Bay City
Hampton Inn & Suites Saginaw

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront? Share your experiences!