“not so much”

Cuisines: Seafood
BAY CITY, Michigan
“not so much”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I USE TO GO THERE EVERY FRIDAY BUT IT has changed now the food is not as good as it was! The salads are not good any more I use to love it there but the last 3 or 4 times we went it just isn't' t very good! It cost so much money to eat there and they have changed so much it isn't very good any more! We went close to closing time one night and our food was not good! I beg my husband to go and then it sucks! They are cutting back making things cheaper and we can tell! I use to take about 10 to 15 people from work but not any more! It's sad cause it was the best now I would give it a 2 not a three! Sorry Red Lobster you let me down-!

Visited August 2014

Midland, Michigan
“Had a nice meal here”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We eat here reasonable often as the kids like it. This time we had a good experience with very good service and the food was good. The calamari appetizer was perfectly cooked and disapperaed quickly. Most of us had crab and it was all good.

Not the best seafood in the world but a good night out and everybody happy.

• Visited July 2014
Essexville, Michigan
“Out of fresh fish on Sunday”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

First let me say that overall this is a very good restaurant. We have been going there for years and have enjoyed very good food and service. BUT: The last two times we went on a Sunday they were completely out of fresh fish. It seems that they get in fresh fish on Mon We and Fri. If you are going there on Sunday I suggest you call ahead to see if they have any fresh fish left if that is what you want.

• Visited November 2013
New York City, New York
“Typical Red Lobster food, service suspect”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We were traveling through and had a gift certificate for Red Lobster. We found this place got a seat without waiting. While waiting to order, the table across the way got their food delivered - all of it, appetizers, salad and main course - at once. Obviously they weren't too happy. Same thing happened to the people behind us. Our food didn't come all at once, just out of order. The wait staff was more than pleasant, and the manager offered the tables whose food came all at once a discount. I suspect the problem was in the kitchen, not the front. Other than that, food was typical Red Lobster. Never my first choice for seafood - particularly when I live down the road from the CIA in NY and many area restaurants have CIA-trained chefs, but hey, it was free!

• Visited November 2013
Bay City, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food & Service Consistently”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a very clean and well managed Red Lobster. It's a favorite of our whole family, including adult children and teenage grandkids.From the minute you enter, the entire staff is always smiling and upbeat. The wait time for your meal is always reasonable, the food is delicious and it's served HOT! We love the seasonal specials like "Endless Shrimp" and the great email coupons we receive.

• Visited August 2013