“Apparently a lot has changed in a year and a half..”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Zef's Coney Island Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 182 Restaurants in Bay City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 1, 2014

When they first opened i thought the food was great! My fave was the downtowner. Corned beef with slaw. My husband loved the coneys. Stopped for lunch today. One word- gross. Nothing, and I mean nothing was hot. I ordered a small biscuit and gravy (breakfast served all day) for my one year old daughter, let's just say it was room temp off the bat so she didnt even have to wait to eat it. My sandwich tasted NOTHING like I've had in the past. It had two slices of meat on it, with so much runny slaw that after five mins was wet and no longer edible- unless I wanted to test my gag reflex. My husbands hot dogs were subpar. Cold coney sauce. I notified our waitress that my food was bad. She offered another but I politely declined. The restaurant did take 3 dollars off my meal. The waitress told me that maybe i should order something different next time. As if i just didn't like what I ordered! I told her that in all the times I have been there I order the same. The service sucked the food sucked. Needless to say, I left there establishment hungry, and disappointed i wasted money. We won't ever be going back. It's too bad. It was good at one time.

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

The service was nice, food was good, value was good. Turkey sauage not so good. You do get a large portion for your money. I can see this being a regular stop for locals for breakfast.

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Our second visit and nothing has changed. Rather boring atmosphere nothing special. Took a while to get a server. Order was taken and drinks were brought. Coffee very weak. Hot chocolate good. Order came after about 10 minutes. Wifes French toast was barely warm. my breakfast came but they forgot the toast. Onion rings came but only warm. Forgot the Chili. Waited about 10 more minutes and asked another server to help. Finally got everything served and rewarmed. No offer from staff to offer any consideration for the poor service. Wont be back.

1  Thank Michael K
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

The breakfast was vey good and made from scratch, large portion and good value. Would go back if we returned to area.

'

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Great food, good service. Food was homemade from scratch. Hashbrowns made fresh there every morning not frozen in a bag. Service is great with wonderful staff.

1  Thank dtz2013