“Super!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
St Genis
“Super!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We went there for lunch, I am not a vegetarian - but I had the UnChicken sandwich, and it was hands-down, better than chicken! The ciabatta bread was very good, too, and the vegetables very fresh and crisp. Even the basil tasted better than usual :).

The highlight was certainly the brownie chocolate pie with peanut butter at the bottom. I particularly loved the rich chocolate filling (made from Tofu!). The brownie dough was excellent, too.

I think it is great, that among all the nation-wide chains, there are alternative, local restaurants like Heather's in Bay City!

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Sarah H

“Awesome hidden gem.”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

A coworker told me about this little vegetarian place in Bay City that had never been to. Tried it one day after church and it was awesome. Every time I go I try something new and it is always good. Everything is house made. They also have a cute short waitress. The atmosphere is very eclectic and quaint. This is def a go to spot if visiting and if you're from bay city.

2 Thank Jwath
Michigan
“Great Food, Great Value, But Slow”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Went for Sunday brunch. Their menu has a decent variety of items, including vegetarian and vegan dishes, but not just that. You can get a burger if you want one. Lots of baked goods. I had the apple crepes, with cranberries and goat cheese. Side of baked squash that was unique. Everything was very tasty. Coffee was OK, not great. Others in our party had sandwiches, wraps, and waffles. Most everyone gave thumbs up to their meals. For the price, the amount of food received was a very good value. Our family of six ate for under $50, including beverages, and didn't go away hungry. The building is old, with high ceilings, and simple decor in the dining area. The chairs and tables were an eclectic mix, some starting to come apart, so be careful when you sit down. The only real negative to the experience was the speed of service: slow. But we were there at their busiest, at noon on Sunday. There wasn't an open table in the place. They do take reservations, so call ahead if you're on a tight schedule. Or better yet, make sure you have time for a leisurely meal. We'll definitely go back again.

• Visited February 2012
Bay City, Michigan
“Fantastic Food, Friendly Service.”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

This cozy spot is the perfect place to visit for lunch during a day of shopping in downtown Bay City. The menu offers delicious choices (for even the non-adventurous eater) at reasonable prices. Their daily specials are are creative, appetizingly presented and a far cry from the greasy-spoon fare offered elsewhere. And, they serve the best felafal I've ever eaten.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank BayCityFoodie
Hobart, Australia
“great experience”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

My Partner and I found the delightful place by accident as we were driving around the CBD of Bay City. What a big surprise it was. great menu with lots of Vegetarian and Vegan options.The food tasty, well prepared and satisfying to the senses. My partner and I were in the US for a month and Heathers was the best restaurant we had eaten at. I would happily recommend Heathers as a fine place to eat.

• Visited August 2011