“Wildlife / Trails”

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Wildlife / Trails”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Enjoyed a walk on the sand along the bay, lots of trails and wildlife to take in as well. Picnic area and camping available along with play area for children.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank ElizLv

Troy, Michigan
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“good hiking”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The park was easy to get to out of the city. We drove to the hiking areas to walk around for a while. The lagoon trail leads to the beach and some wooded areas. The beach was nice and I can't believe how low the water level is.Not good for swimming unless you go way out. The park was having a Halloween Walk for the kids so some of the paths were closed. Trails are well marked with information about the wildlife.

Visited October 2013
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Closer beach??”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

The camping was great! However when looking for a beach that is close forget it. I was with my friend who just had surgery and could not walk the mile back to the beach so we never went and was pretty bummed however kids loved the splash park.

1 Thank ryork77
Grand Rapids, Michigan
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Enjoyable camping experience”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed 2 nights, had perfect weather, and enjoyed sense of space around our 50' x 50' site - nicely shaded by old trees all around. Unknown night birds / frogs / ??? sounds (being from west side of state), so I have to do some research now. Wish we'd have walked the trails - hadn't realized until after leaving this would've been easiest access to a Saginaw Bay beach. We liked picnicking in daypark and checking out Tobico Lagoon from floating dock. Campground showers and women's bathroom were clean most of the time - 2 minor exceptions - but I saw rangers working hard to keep up, so no blame there. Strange first for me - a family packed up and left without dousing their firepit (?!?!). I intended to alert rangers, but they came around on golf cart and saw this for themselves before I had to say anything. Too bad some campers give the rangers so much extra work, but I'd visit again. New view of MI for me!

Mississauga
131 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“Michigan Summer golf vacation”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had a free afternoon after morning golf and wanted to visit a conservation or nature area, so we picked Bay City State Rec Area. It's a very nice park, with nice facilities, well marked trails with lots of info along the trails and a beautiful beach. The beach is beautiful, but unfortunately, the water is kinda gross - really mushy muddy bottom and dirty water - I guess that explains why no one was swimming. But the beach itself was beautiful, with lots of white sand and choice between sitting in the sun or shady spots on the edge of the beach.